Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one thing that genuinely impressed me about Broner last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the P4P #5 adjusting to an overmatched 80-1 underdog midget impressed you?

I was more impressed by Rees's fighting spirit and the fact that he actually landed cleanly on Broner.
    Last edited by LeG00N; 02-17-2013, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Rees did come to fight and he did Impress showed a lot of heart and will but it just wasn't enough, I loved the part where he caught Broner trying to look at the ref and hit him while looking away, Someone should make a Gif. of that.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        Rees would not have lasted 12 rounds and his corner did the right thing taking him out, Broner was beating him at will and he had zero chance of winning, continuing the fight would only shave years off of his career and quality of life.
        I agree. If you had Rees winning the 1st and 2nd (I personally had the second a draw), he would have to have won 5 of the remaining 7 rounds. To let him another 7 rounds of punishment in the hope of obtaining that unlikely outcome would have been heartless.

I think it was stopped at just the right time.

Comment

He is very smart in the ring and knows boxing. I think it was against Escobedo maybe and he said he's gonna walk him down then won in that round. After the 3rd round last night he said Rees has 2 rounds left then won in the 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Patience!! Saw that the target was very low and after reaching and missing he drew Rees back into him. He gave Rees some false confidence that allowed Rees to stand up to throw and Broner studied him as he did it! Broner felt him and knew Rees couldn't hurt him because to sit and wait for 2 rounds would be dangerous with a decent puncher!
            When Broner opened up it was very evident who the world class talent was.
            Rees though a game kid is not a top tier fighter, that explains how watered down the titles mean today. Its hard to believe that he was a champion at any weight class! Ray.
            Its good to see someone who actually knows this game is posting, to many nobos and haters on this site now and its turning to *****. Good to have you here RAY

Comment

I wouldn't classify what he did as adjusting. Not at all. He got acclimated to his opponent. More to the point he seized control of the match by pretending he was SRL. He didn't "adjust." No.

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
                Its good to see someone who actually knows this game is posting, to many nobos and haters on this site now and its turning to *****. Good to have you here RAY
                Boxing isn't a game, it's a sport.

Comment

I was impressed with Broner's body work, he chopped Rees to midsection and that knockdown was perfectly placed. His jab looked good too, when he did use it, which he didn't need to often.

Comment

Its hilarious how people are going crazy about the first 2 rounds like "feel out period" never exists. Plus it's not like Rees won either round (I personally had the 2nd Broner) due to beating Broner's ass. He won on activity and aggression.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      Its hilarious how people are going crazy about the first 2 rounds like "feel out period" never exists. Plus it's not like Rees won either round (I personally had the 2nd Broner) due to beating Broner's ass. He won on activity and aggression.
                      What? Rees clearly won the first round. Most had Rees winning the second round too, but the first round was an undisputed Rees round.

Comment

Working...
                      X