Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who you got? (Ward v best LHW in the world at 175)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    I hear you but there's no reason to think he can't move up comfortably at the moment. He has fought at light heavy before. And I thought he looked fierce and fast at 171lbs in that fight he had before Kessler, I think. I think a move up might actually help Ward.

he also won gold at 178 at the olympics. he doesn't appear to have the bodytype of your prototypical weight climber, but i have no reason to think a man of his size can't fight men seven lbs larger than 168 lbs.

there aren't any bob fosters out there at LHW right now, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
      Ward beats every fighter 160-175. Dirrell has the best chance of an upset.
      Oh yeah?

Then I'd like to see Ward rematch Dawson at 175. Dawson IMO earned the right.

Comment

7:40

Comment

I agree that its an intriguing match up..... You would have to favor Ward but I like the puzzle that Campillo presents.... Outside of Dawson again I think its the best fight for Ward at 75

Comment

Originally posted by Red Power View Post
            7:40

that will do.

i knew the fight happened, but i had never seen it. watched the fifth and sixth rounds. saw what i needed to see.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              I agree that its an intriguing match up..... You would have to favor Ward but I like the puzzle that Campillo presents.... Outside of Dawson again I think its the best fight for Ward at 75

dawson will need to rebuild first. it might be different on bscene, but the hbo audience does not want to see a rematch of such a one sided ass kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                dawson will need to rebuild first. it might be different on bscene, but the hbo audience does not want to see a rematch of such a one sided ass kicking.
                Strictly for the lineal strap.... That's why I still think Dawson is the best fight at 75

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                  Strictly for the lineal strap.... That's why I still think Dawson is the best fight at 75

hbo wouldn't pick that fight up.

Comment

Would have to go with Ward but I think Campillo would give him his toughest test in the pro ranks.

Campillo has to get past Kovalev, that is no easy task.

Hes been on the receiving end of a lot of bad decisions but hes a very good, complete fighter.
                    Hes very balanced though I don't think he has the best chin in the world.

I think apart from having a rather average chin, Campillo does everything well & people talk about a lack of power, he has enough pop to command respect.

Would have to go with Ward taking a 116-112 type decision.

Comment

Dawson need to clean out his division. beat pascal,cloud, and other good opponent and then he will have his confidence back and be ready for ward...

Comment

Working...
                      X