Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Steven Seagal the biggest phony ever ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Steven Seagal the biggest phony ever ??

I just listened to a few minutes of the Steven Seagal interview which he did on Bruce Buffer's radio show and I heard Buffer saying Seagal is also a guitar player. Then I checked Seagal out on youtube and saw the guy can't play for sh+t. And I say that cause I played myself for quite some years (a long time ago). Seagal was only using his thumb to play and only simple Blues stuff, but he was ON STAGE and people were cheering. The thing is this: if you can't play the guitar at all, then you can't really judge how difficult it is what somebody is playing. So- for somebody who can't play, almost everybody who can play just a little bit, is a guitar god, if you know what I mean. And then I said to myself: that is exactly what Seagal did in MMA: he whores for attention.
    He becomes the friend of the best fighter in the world (Anderson Silva) and repeatedly tells everybody how he taught him this kick and that punch and how he taught Lyoto Machida this and that.
    I only watch MMA, I never practiced myself Jiu Jitsu or whatver. I know Seagal is an Aikido expert. But watching him play guitar on stage when he can't play for sh+t makes me think if you look at Seagal as a whole, that he is a phony, and I mean A REAL phony.
    What do you guys think, and how do you judge his Aikido skills?

Didnt he train Silva in a kick or something?

Comment

So basically you are saying that Seagal is a phony because he isn't Carlos Santana?

Comment

and u got all that from the way he plays the guitar
        Last edited by Shadow boxer 3; 10-01-2012, 09:19 AM.

Comment

he's an actor.

pretending is his job.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
            I just listened to a few minutes of the Steven Seagal interview which he did on Bruce Buffer's radio show and I heard Buffer saying Seagal is also a guitar player. Then I checked Seagal out on youtube and saw the guy can't play for sh+t. And I say that cause I played myself for quite some years (a long time ago). Seagal was only using his thumb to play and only simple Blues stuff, but he was ON STAGE and people were cheering. The thing is this: if you can't play the guitar at all, then you can't really judge how difficult it is what somebody is playing. So- for somebody who can't play, almost everybody who can play just a little bit, is a guitar god, if you know what I mean. And then I said to myself: that is exactly what Seagal did in MMA: he whores for attention.
            He becomes the friend of the best fighter in the world (Anderson Silva) and repeatedly tells everybody how he taught him this kick and that punch and how he taught Lyoto Machida this and that.
            I only watch MMA, I never practiced myself Jiu Jitsu or whatver. I know Seagal is an Aikido expert. But watching him play guitar on stage when he can't play for sh+t makes me think if you look at Seagal as a whole, that he is a phony, and I mean A REAL phony.
            What do you guys think, and how do you judge his Aikido skills?
            Well Buffer said it right, not Seagal.

Comment

I've heard he was the first Westerner to open an Aikido dojo in Japan. Not sure how true that is but it suggests he was very good at the art or at the very least had a real devotion to it.

A lot of his comments do seem to be a bit self-serving and the guy clearly has an ego. But I don't think these guys would train with him and let him make these comments if they were just humouring him. If they were looking for a celebrity to hang out with to increase their public profile, there are surely better options than Seagal. But at the same time it does seem surprising that he has something significant to offer the best MMA fighter.

I think someone on here had in their sig a photo of Seagal with the comment "so then I suggested to Helio that he fight off of his back" on it which is pretty funny.

Comment

Stop hating on Seagal. Listen to the above piece of art and then judge him.

Lyrics:

Girl what you really want all night
                Me want the buddy, make me feel nice
                Boy what you really want all night
                Me want the poonani, see for make nice
                She want the buddy
                Him want the poonani
                And me know it nice

When the girls start to strut
                you could look at her but you shouldn't do that
                Think about just that because her clothes are just as pretty
                They're not just to cover her kitty

Girl what you really want all night
                Me want the buddy, make me feel nice
                Boy what you really want all night
                Me want the poonani, see for make nice
                Baby the way you waik is so hot
                Let's have a shot of rum
                Then I can make you come with me
                To the ocean
                That would be phat
                You can be my bow cat
                Nice ital breeze
                Bring you to your knees
                We're jammin
                Last edited by Last Tribe; 10-01-2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  he's an actor.

pretending is his job.
                  lol well actually he is a pretty bad actor. He was a martial artist that lived and trained in Japan from his teens into about his early 30's (He speaks Japanese fluently) and as the other poster mentioned, he became the first Westerner to run an Aikido dojo in Japan.
                  Last edited by res; 10-01-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                    and u got all that from the way he plays the guitar
                    You can tell how much hair a guy has on his balls by how he plays guitar

Comment

Working...
                    X