No announcement yet.

who has the best CV? Michael Owen v Theirry Henry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has the best CV? Michael Owen v Theirry Henry

Arguably, the two most outstanding strikers of their generation for what they have achieved both at club level and international level, but who has the best resume. Looking at their records both have played for the very biggest teams in the world, and have been superstar players respectively for those clubs. Thierry played Monaco, Juventus, Arsenal and Barcelona, whilst Owen played for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle and Manchester United. Again both similar in respect two three huge teams, and one smaller team. Thierry has managed 448 club appearances and has scored 230 goals whilst he has managed an extra 51 for France in 117 games. Michael has played 347 club matches and has scored 164 goals, with an additional 40 for England in 89 games. So although Thierry has more goals he has played more matches and that is perhaps down to his extra two years in age, and a lot less injuries. But both have a tremendous record and similar attributes – especially when they were at Arsenal and Liverpool respectively. They both had electrifying pace, could come short and deep, and finished in a similar way – opening up their body and finding the corner. So going to individual honours, you have Henry who has collected the PFA Player of the year, Owen the PFA Young player of the year – Thierry four time premier league top scorer and Owen two time top scorer, but Owen does have the Ballon D’Or to his name and both were named in the domestic team of the decade. So it is a close one for me, but I think the difference must come when you look at club honours, now although Owen has perhaps played at the bigger clubs he has not won as much silverware – Thierry has two premier leagues, three FA Cups, two Community shields, One La Liga, Copa Del Rey, Supercopa, Super cup, world club cup, and UEFA European cup and World cup. So that is a good trophy haul, but just when you think it is settled you look at Owen’s collection: one FA Cup, Two league cups, one community shield, one UEFA Cup and Super cup. So although not as illustrious you still have similar honours, but the question is to you. – perhaps not who is/was the better striker, but who in six years time when they are both well retired, who will look back and say they have a better CV based on clubs and goals, and trophies – individual and club. I think it is hard to judge, but I will go with Henry purely because he has had more success on the injury front and on the international stage with the World Cup being the big emission from Owen’s cabinet – as is most of that England generation, I.E: Beckham.
    Michael Owen
    0.00%
    Thierry Henry
    100.00%

***** please, Ronaldo > Owen.

Comment

Working...
    X