Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with that Floyd Propaganda that he does well against pressure fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with that Floyd Propaganda that he does well against pressure fighters?

Struggled against Castillo, Cotto, and DLH. Had a rough time early on against Hatton and had to elbow, hold and what not (not saying he would've beat Hatton I am just saying he's not that good against pressure fighters). Is this illusion based on his Chavez win at 130? Now imagine he fought volume punchers at 147 like Margarito, PWill and Pacman. Now he`s fighting a Guerrero who is believed to be a pressure fighter based off his victory over Berto, but again who isn`t a pressure fighter against Berto - Collazo, Ortiz and Guerrero all ended up pressuring Berto and just like Ortiz Guerrero is not an established good pressure fighter. The only two good established pressure fighters that Floyd has fought were Hatton and Castillo and his victory over Hatton at 147 makes him great against pressure fighters

He looked pretty good against Corrales, Chavez, Castillo 2 though. And Hatton.

I think it's a case of a bit of both, he's not amazing against constant pressure but he also doesn't exactly struggle with it.

You hear both of those statments used often.

Comment

Meh...............

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He looked pretty good against Corrales, Chavez, Castillo 2 though. And Hatton.

I think it's a case of a bit of both, he's not amazing against constant pressure but he also doesn't exactly struggle with it.

You hear both of those statments used often.
        I would not consider Chico a pressure fighter. He`s a puncher but not exactly a pressure fighter. Chavez was a good win for Mayweather and Hatton but these guys were limited physically. Castillo 2 was an ok win for Mayweather but the fact of the matter is guys that are not physically limited have a good jab and pressure Floyd have had the most success. That is DLH, Cotto and Castillo of course. Floyd doesn`t like a good jab especially a one that is as long and used often.

Comment

Remember that HBO fight Guerrero had against little Daud Cino Yordan? He looked like **** and Yordan was out-slicking him before the fight got stopped.

If Yordan was too fast and too slicked, imagine what Mayweather will do with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
            Remember that HBO fight Guerrero had against little Daud Cino Yordan? He looked like **** and Yordan was out-slicking him before the fight got stopped.

If Yordan was too fast and too slicked, imagine what Mayweather will do with him.
            Well if you read my post you would have your answer. The thing about Floyd is that he has an amazing talent and I love watching him ply his craft but unlike an Ali, SRR and Roy Jones he`s not willing to test himself. When was the last time he had a fight where you thought he might lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Wouldn't say that.

Yordan was doing suprisingly better than expected but it's not like he was dominating the first 2 rounds, no body looked in control.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                I would not consider Chico a pressure fighter. He`s a puncher but not exactly a pressure fighter. Chavez was a good win for Mayweather and Hatton but these guys were limited physically. Castillo 2 was an ok win for Mayweather but the fact of the matter is guys that are not physically limited have a good jab and pressure Floyd have had the most success. That is DLH, Cotto and Castillo of course. Floyd doesn`t like a good jab especially a one that is as long and used often.
                I'd say Corrales is a pressure fighter. He might not throw 100 punches a round but neither does Castillo.

Is De La Hoya a pressure fighter?

Comment

I think he does better with pressure fighters and I bet Mayweather thinks so too. He is a defensive counterpuncher. Last thing someone with his style wants to do is fight someone with the same style.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    Well if you read my post you would have your answer. The thing about Floyd is that he has an amazing talent and I love watching him ply his craft but unlike an Ali, SRR and Roy Jones he`s not willing to test himself. When was the last time he had a fight where you thought he might lose.
                    and name one fight right now under 54 that you think he might lose or are you again just penalyzing him for being too good? Are you one of those people that think Floyd has to fight huge guys who are 15 pounds bigger and more than that naturally or it isnt a fair fight?

Again, if Ghost fights anyone from 135-147 its a great fight but against Floyd its a garbage fight. There is no one from WW down that Floyd is allowed to fight right now. He has to fight huge guys. Everyone's talking about him fighting guys like GGG & Sergio. Some even say Ward.

Have you seen the Canelo-Trout photos & vidz? They are massive but Floyd is a punk if he doesnt fight them even though he's been fighting huge guys all his career and looks like a midget next to them.

Just tell me one person you would be ok with him fighting at WW and I bet you either dont name any or you name a person that everyone else thinks is a joke fight. You cant penalyze him for being too good. If the Ghost is a test for everyone else then dont rip Floyd for fighting him

Comment

Working...
                    X