Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez is DYING to fight the HUGE Chavez but is too small to fight Bute or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I´m pretty sure if ward can make 160 lb in the weigh in he would be a middleweight, and Sergio would fight him. So this have no sense. It´s even funny, ward want to fight a jr middle who owns the 160 belt but run scared of Bute who is the man in his own weight.

Comment

This isn't even the biggest issue with Sergio, Dibella in a ring magazine interview says Martinez was eating meat and potatoes all week and weighed in at 157. But he says he is KILLING HIMSELF if he goes down to 150, him and his promoter are just annoying c*nts. How can you KILL yourself losing 7 pounds if you're eating meat and potatoes? Sergio can switch to chicken and rice and be at 150 a month before the fight if this is true.

Cotto is 160 on fight night, don't tell me Sergio is eating meat and potatoes to make 160. He was 170 or so I would say when he fought Macklin, he is just playing the Paul Williams card as the "most unavoided." Even asking 20% to fight Floyd is laughable, Sergio's entire boxing career wouldn't equal 20% of what Floyd makes in one fight, true story.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
        Probably..Ward has fought at MW before. SMW is only his 2nd weight class.

He wants a catchweight with Pac or Mayweather...why not a catch weight with Bute or ward?
        Martinez is willing to drop down 10lbs to fight his fellow top 3 P4P friends.

What are Bute and Ward willing to drop down to fight the "3rd" best P4P fighter?

4lbs? 3lbs? None? Try at least 8lbs and let's see if Martinez then bites. If he still declines after that, then let's call him all the names you want.

Comment

Dmitri Pirog, Felix Sturm & Peter Quillin

That's similar to posting:

Selcuk Aydin, Vyacheslav Senchenko, Mike Jones
          for Mayweather or Pacquaio.

Anthony Dirrell, Robert Stieglitz, Thomas Oosthuizen
          for Ward

You're reaching...

Comment

Sergio walks around at about 180lbs....his fight night weight the other night was 170lbs.

He is too small for Ward & Bute?
            Castillo's fight night weight against Floyd at 135 was 147lbs, and so was Corrales's fight night weight. They were both WW's, against Floyd being in the low 130s on fight night.

So with your logic, could Castillo and Corrales have competed with the 147 pounders of those times?

I mean they had the fight night weight of a WW, right, so why were they fighting at 130-135?

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
              You do know, Ward/Bute weighing 168 for the weigh in: That's a fit 168, then they add that water weight or whatever and come in, in the 170's.

So not only are they huge, but they are strong. Their 170-180+ on fight night is more fit than Chavez Jr 180lbs on fight night.

Comment

If ward and Bute want to fight @160 like chavez then make it happen I'm all for it but honestly Martinez has no business @168

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  160 pounder adding 20lbs in one night.

168 pounder adding 12lbs in one night.

The 160 pounder sounds like a fat ass.

Comment

I dont see a problem if Bute or Ward can make 160 to fight the #3 p4p fighter.

Can they?

Sergio wants to fight Chavez because he has his belt and is in the SAME division, simple as that.

Comment

When Bute and Ward say they'll come to 160, you guys can make your point.

Comment

Working...
                      X