Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson's controversial losses - Has anyone seen these?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obama View Post
    Cut some of the fight and upload it again. Sometimes it just screws up files. It's hiiiiiiighly unlike it screws up 2 different fights in a row.
    I'm never going to get that Ottke fight from you am I?
    I'm sorry, I havent been on much recently to sort this out. It seems to be a problem with the program not the file because whenever I open it, It freezes for a while and then I have to close it.

I'm going to try and un-install it and then download it again and re-install it afterwards. It should work.

I will do my best to have it up for you this week.

Comment

I'm a pretty big Johnson fan (your not a boxing if your not IMO), and I don't care much for Dawson, but he did not beat him. He kept it very close, but Dawson closed the fight plain and simple.

As far as the other controversal loses, Yeah Johnson had as tough a career as you can have.

And still stuck with boxing and made something out of his career, got to give that man his respect. When it comes to boxing the right way and being an honorable fighter, he is second to none.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
        I'm sorry, I havent been on much recently to sort this out. It seems to be a problem with the program not the file because whenever I open it, It freezes for a while and then I have to close it.

I'm going to try and un-install it and then download it again and re-install it afterwards. It should work.

I will do my best to have it up for you this week.
        You can always upload it without megamanager.

Comment

You can always upload it without megamanager.
          I'm sorry for the delay. Here you go...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QNZ9BEAZ
          http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8I5MWUFB

Join the files with HJ Split.

Get back to me when your done watching it, I'm curious to know how you will score this fight. Iv'e heard German journalists say that Johnson clearly won the fight and Glen says the same but I didnt think he did enough to win. I thought Sven made him fight his fight.

Comment

Scorecard: Sven Ottke vs Glen Johnson

Round 1: 9 – 10 Johnson
            Both guys kept a high guard. Glen’s jab penetrated, Sven’s didn’t.

*Round 2: 9 – 10 Johnson
            Sven was much more competitive this round landing a couple right hands at the end of some small flurries, but he still had no answer for the jab, or the over hand right for that matter which was rarely used.

Round 3: 9 – 10 Johnson
            Sven not only ran too much, but he didn’t let his hands go.

Round 4: 9 – 10 Johnson
            Sven starts the round well but eventually gets beat up and finds himself in full retreat down the stretch.

*Round 5: 10 – 9 Ottke
            First minute clearly belonged to Johnson. Second minute belonged to Ottke even more so. Third minute barely belonged to Johnson. Round was just about even over all, but edge Ottke on landing the best punches.

Round 6: 10 – 9 Ottke
            First clearly won round by Sven. Johnson appeared to take his foot off the gas.

Round 7: 10 – 9 Ottke
            Johnson appears winded and starts missing punches by wide margins.

Round 8: 10 – 9 Ottke
            Johnson musta got bored or something. Seems more interested in screwing around than actually trying to win.

Round 9: 9 – 10 Johnson
            Johnson adopts a new awkward style this round that Ottke just can’t figure out. Ottke’s only success comes when Johnson stops pumping the jab, but it wasn’t enough to steal it.

Round 10: 9 – 10 Johnson
            Round was even until Ottke gave up in the last minute.

Round 11: 10 – 9 Ottke
            This was a round consisting of moments and nothing. Ottke had the better moments. The nothing was due to Ottke’s ability to actually avoid Johnson’s jab this round.

Round 12: 10 – 9 Ottke
            Ottke dominates a gassed Johnson in the last round.

Final Score: 6 – 6 Even (114 – 114)

Score Variances:
            Scoring all the starred rounds to fighter 1: 7 – 5 Ottke
            Scoring all the starred rounds even: 5 – 5 – 2 Even
            Scoring all the starred rounds to fighter 2: 5 – 7 Johnson

----------

2 of the judges cards are legit. But it should have been a draw imo.

Comment

The Daniel Judah draw was a definite robbery. I remember watching that live, **** was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                Which ones do you have?
                I have a few but I asked the guy I got them from, (he has almost all of Johnsons fights) if I could share them here and he said he would rather I didn't because you have him and all his friends on ignore. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  I haven't seen his controversial losses, but IMO he clearly lost both Dawson fights and the first Tarver fightis debateable.

I'm going to make it a point to watch these fights when I find them though.
                  Wow. I don't think anybody clearly won or lost the first Dawson/Johnson fight.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
                    I have a few but I asked the guy I got them from, (he has almost all of Johnsons fights) if I could share them here and he said he would rather I didn't because you have him and all his friends on ignore. Sorry
                    I'd also like the fights. I don't have anyone on ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
                      Oh well. I only have the trolls on ignore....

Comment

Working...
                      X