No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carson Jones Shocked Purdy Wants a War in The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carson Jones Shocked Purdy Wants a War in The UK

Lee Purdy will defend his IBF international welterweight title against former Kell Brook victim Carson Jones in December.

Brook made his first defence of the same belt against the American In July, winning a nail-biting points decision after Jones gave him the toughest fight of his career.

The Sheffield boxer promptly vacated the strap as he closes in on an IBF world title shot, allowing Purdy to step up and beat Argentinian Gumersindo Carrasco earlier this month.

Jones is ranked number seven with the IBF and claiming his scalp would be a feather in the cap of Purdy, who stopped Carrasco inside four rounds at Alexandra Palace. [Click Here To Read More]

Props to Purdy for making this match. Jones is always dangerous.

Comment

Why not?

Purdy might as well get a big fight. I don't think many will have thought he'd be in a position like this.

And Jones is pretty rudimentary so style-wise he should be ok. But Jones should be too tough.

Good fight though!

Comment

Purdy-Jones is going to be a war!

I'm really looking forward to this fight and I think Jones will take it but not without entertaining us all first!

Comment

Working...
        X