No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Stieglitz-Dimitri Sartison Set For April 9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Stieglitz-Dimitri Sartison Set For April 9

SES announced today a hot matchup as WBO super middleweight champ Robert Stieglitz, 39-2, will defend the title against Dimitri Sartison, 27-1 and the holder of the WBA regular title, April 9 at the Boerdelandhall in Magdeburg. Both are propably not on the level with the absolute elite at super middle but itīs still an exciting fight where thereīs a lot at stake for both men. Sartison was close to a defence against Brian Magee but the Irishman then opted to challenge Lucian Bute instead.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great news. German coward vs. German coward. One German coward will be eliminated!

Unless of course they take a page out of another German coward's book, Juergen Braehmer, and they fake an illness 48 hours before the fight and mysteriously fly home without informing anyone.

Comment

BIGPOPPAPUMP, what do you think about Germans' reluctance to fight even C-class fighters for title defenses?

Comment

Nice even matchup!

Sweet Jesus, neither fighter is German. Both are from Eastern Europe.

Stieglitz has fought in the US, and Sartisan fought Kessler in Denmark, so it's not fair to call either cowards.

Ward and Mayweather will NEVER fight a decent opponent in another country.

Comment

Both are euro bums. Who cares? (except tunney that is, but he gets a hard on by every fight between two white eastern euros, dont ya tunney?)

Anyway, both these C- level fools suck.

Comment

This is a great match-up. Sartison will probably be the early favourite, but I reckon the crowd in Magdeburg will be rooting for Stieglitz.

Stieglitz was mentioned as comeback opponent for Mikkel Kessler, and this pretty much wrecks that plan although I suppose it is still possible that Stieglitz could fight again in June should he win. A Kessler rematch with Sartison would have little interest given the brutal beaing he took the last time.

A final thought on this fight is about the alphabet mess this fight will give. Sartison holds the 'regular' WBA title while Andre Ward has the 'real' WBA belt. Will the WBA elevate the Sartison-Stieglitz unification winner to WBA semisuper interim gala champion?

Comment

bum fight. neither deserve title of 'world' champion. last 4 in super six beat them both. as does bute. as does degale. as does groves.
              they can both FRO!

Comment

Absolute trash fight...irrelevant to the world scene.Similar to 2 ******s fighting over a potato.

I can't believe someone would actually have their names mentioned along with Ward and Mayweather in the same post...Robert Steiglitz and "fighters" like Sebastian Sylvester are both 100% **** in my book-talentless bums.
                Last edited by damned1974; 03-08-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrandall View Post
                  bum fight. neither deserve title of 'world' champion. last 4 in super six beat them both. as does bute. as does degale. as does groves.
                  they can both FRO!
                  Hell,anyone who has WATCHED the super 6 can beat these bums!Stieglitz ducked a one-eyed Kessler!

Comment

I guess Kessler will have to call Bute out.

Comment

Working...
                    X