• Show
Clear All

Lomachenko vs. Broner at 135.........................make it happen

Comment

this is a bad idea.

Comment

at his weight, 135 upwards.. he would get whooped

Comment

He would make history, why the hell not let him try.

Comment

Originally posted by KidDinamita View Post
            Abner Mares vs Vasyl Lomachenko anyone?
            This^^^^^

I was thinking the same thing... No one loses in this scenario... Mares gets a heavily hyped title defense, Lomachenko gets a huge title shot in his first fight...

Would create alot of buzz, which boxing needs badly.....

will never happen, but would be sweet

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Don't these guys learn from guys like David Reid and Davey Moore and many others. This makes me wonder if he is just in it for the money, rather than taking the small fights to build up to 18-0 and get a title fight after that. Kind of like a chef who decides to turn the temperature way up on something he is cooking to get it baked faster and then ends up burning it.
              If you believe Lomachenko might be in it for the money or his caliber of fighter then you clearly are not familiar with him.

Comment

It says he's looking to fight at 126 and at that weight there are 2 very weak champs, Gradovich and Walters. Evgeniy is Russian so that fight would be much bigger IMO. But I'm certain he won't fight for a title in his "debut"

Comment

He's never fought past 5 rounds so highly unlikely he would be put in a 12 rounder first time out.

But within 4-5 fights he could be fighting for NABF or something

The pro about signing with Main Events would be to avoid the TR/GB fued and be free to work with whomever, given his weight choice Gary Russel is the fight I could see bring in some demand.

Comment

Lomachenko is more than ready to fight any of the champions at 126 or 130. Letting him wait more than three or four pro fights to fight for a title is a waste of time. He is one of the greatest amateurs of all time and he already has had six WSB fights against way better opposition than any pro boxer face at the start of their pro careers. He is 25 years and has fought and won against boxers from all over the world and most importantly his style is well suited for the pros. It might be a bit risky but well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by SeivUrBref View Post
                      If you believe Lomachenko might be in it for the money or his caliber of fighter then you clearly are not familiar with him.
                      co-sign.

I think if he can fight some1 ranked #2, then for a title - that would be great. If his future promoter can make a fight with a champion right away, why not?? There been fights like this in history of boxing. ANd if he loses its his bad..at least that be sure a great fight and fans won't be dissapointed

Comment

Working...
                      X