No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez in Favor of Chavez vs. Martinez II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez in Favor of Chavez vs. Martinez II

Following the post-fight press conference for Sergio Martinez’s twelve-round triumph over Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, I ran across Mexico City legend Juan Manuel Marquez.

Martinez fought a brilliant battle against Chavez, as his speed and movement befuddled the young former champion for eleven rounds before he was dropped and severely hurt by a barrage of punches in the twelfth and final round. Martinez would rise from the knockdown and come out swinging, creating for a wild atmosphere inside of the sold-out arena. [Click Here To Read More]

no thanks Juan

Comment

No.

Comment

yes.............

Comment

This rematch is nothing but a way for Arum to make $$$ and a way to set Martinez up for a possible robbery or some type of controversial ****.

Comment

I say yes to the rematch so Martinez can get that bank and whoop that ass again

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              That's exactly why I say yes to the rematch. I put myself in a fighter's shoes, the best thing Martinez could do right now other than fighting Mayweather, is fighting Chavez Jr.

Any other fight is just a Winky Wright-esque move.

People also have to realize Martinez gets treated differently by the WBC. If he decides not to fight Chavez Jr because a Mayweather Jr fight suddenly becomes available, Sulaiman would probably make him fight some other mandatory, and Martinez loses out on a big pay check against Chavez Jr, loses his title, goes down to fight Mayweather, lose, and....you get the point.

Beat Chavez Jr again, collect $2-3million, then fight Floyd for $5-8million. Much smarter move.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                i'd rather see him try and get another big paycheck fighting alvarez or mayweather. i don't see the point in a rematch, well at least right away. i wouldn't mind seeing chavez/geale or chavez moving up to 168 to fight pavlik or abraham.
                Last edited by chiguy91; 09-16-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  That's exactly why I say yes to the rematch. I put myself in a fighter's shoes, the best thing Martinez could do right now other than fighting Mayweather, is fighting Chavez Jr.

Any other fight is just a Winky Wright-esque move.

People also have to realize Martinez gets treated differently by the WBC. If he decides not to fight Chavez Jr because a Mayweather Jr fight suddenly becomes available, Sulaiman would probably make him fight some other mandatory, and Martinez loses out on a big pay check against Chavez Jr, loses his title, goes down to fight Mayweather, lose, and....you get the point.

Beat Chavez Jr again, collect $2-3million, then fight Floyd for $5-8million. Much smarter move.
                  Sure fighting Chavez again will make him a lot of money but I say unify with Geale while Chavez fights Golovkin and then the winner fights Martinez. If Golovkin fights Chavez and beats him, he will be a bigger name by the time he fights Martinez. And well, if Chavez beats Golovkin he gets more popular and a fight vs Martinez will do even better than the first.

Comment

Team Chavez kept saying that were gonna move up after this one. Would Chavez have given Martinez a rematch? most likely NOT. Make Chavez work for his shot, tired of guys getting their title shots handed to him, isn't this BOXING after all?

JMM is so empathetic towards Chavez that he would love for him to get another chance. Note to Marquez: your fights with Pac were actually close, this wasn't
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 09-16-2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X