Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for all who truly believe Marquez was not using PED's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same questions could be raised for just about every boxer in the world besides donaire I'd think. What about all these people who "transform" themselves using P90X? Amazing results but was it hard work or the use of PEDS? That is the real question.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Tests might not pop, but the people around you might.
      So no doubt we'll be seeing people in the future we thought or did think used some form of steroids or performance enhancers
      The Lance Armstrong story makes me think of pacquiao more than Marquez(I'm not accusing pacman). There are big differences in that lance was finding a way to pass mandatory tests where as pacman has not tested. The only similarities I see are that they have both been accused and both chose to sue over those accusations. I just saw conte on CNN saying how Shane Mosley and Marion Jones both tried to sue him over his allegations, which turned out to be true. Lance Armstrong did the same thing in suing his accusers. Pacman has done the same. Pacman's story is more similar to Ben Johnson, the Canadian track star. He was always fast but never had enough to finish races strong enough to beat Carl Lewis and the top guys. Then out of nowhere, he is finishing strong as ever and blowing these guys out. Carl and and the other track stars saw the obvious and knew he was juicing. He tested positive and his supplier came out on him which forced him to admit. When u see a guy all of a sudden turn into a beast in any sport, it raises red flags. That being said I can understand why there may be concerns about Marquez. But if noone cares about PAC refusing tests, they should not care if Marquez has used.

Comment

Let the commision do their jobs.

He passed the test so he is clean.

Etc., Etc., Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The904star View Post
          The Lance Armstrong story makes me think of pacquiao more than Marquez(I'm not accusing pacman). There are big differences in that lance was finding a way to pass mandatory tests where as pacman has not tested. The only similarities I see are that they have both been accused and both chose to sue over those accusations. I just saw conte on CNN saying how Shane Mosley and Marion Jones both tried to sue him over his allegations, which turned out to be true. Lance Armstrong did the same thing in suing his accusers. Pacman has done the same. Pacman's story is more similar to Ben Johnson, the Canadian track star. He was always fast but never had enough to finish races strong enough to beat Carl Lewis and the top guys. Then out of nowhere, he is finishing strong as ever and blowing these guys out. Carl and and the other track stars saw the obvious and knew he was juicing. He tested positive and his supplier came out on him which forced him to admit. When u see a guy all of a sudden turn into a beast in any sport, it raises red flags. That being said I can understand why there may be concerns about Marquez. But if noone cares about PAC refusing tests, they should not care if Marquez has used.
          Great reply, I agree with all your points. I do believe that JMM is an amazing fighter however choosing to add a known PED supplier to you training camp raises some serious suspicions.

Comment

The thing is, no matter how much you test, there are ways to get around it and show a negative test result like Angel Heredia said. So you might test negative but still be taking PEDs because of the sophistication of these Doctors.

Comment

i have much more doubts about how pacquiao went from 30-47 in less than one year without gaining an ounce of fat than i do marquez.

Comment

I don't think there's a single elite fighter that isn't on any sort of PED.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                  I don't think there's a single elite fighter that isn't on any sort of PED.
                  I respect your opinion however I disagree. I believe that are plenty of elite fighters that play by the rules. Its sad but boxing is going through a similar situation baseball faced during the steroid era.

Comment

Why did people go to Memo and Conte? To cheat and NOT get caught. That is what those guys specialized in. What else can they provide that no other licensed professional cannot?

Put it this way, if Memo and Conte are great at what they do NOW, why did they even use PED's with their athletes in the first place?

Either way you look at it the "stuff" that is likely being used is so new or different that it's not going to be on any banned substance list, because testing agencies and commisions probably don't even know that it exists. Technically, it wouldn't be illegal. Do you think every drug, suppliment, etc. has been discovered and it's effects documented?

Comment

Originally posted by mirizarr View Post
                      What are your thoughts on Lance Armstrong coming clean today after never testing positive, and what are your thoughts on this article publish by the New York Times this past October?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/12/sp...anted=all&_r=0
                      You need to learn how to watch a boxing fight. thats what i think

Comment

Working...
                      X