Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Muhammad Ali: Reflecting Back on Meeting “The Greatest”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Muhammad Ali: Reflecting Back on Meeting “The Greatest”

By Thomas Gerbasi - Since 2003, I go through this every year around Christmas, pulling out a Muhammad Ali DVD or two, checking out some of the memorable moments in the career of “The Greatest,” and then it’s back to whatever the task at hand is.

Why Christmas? Well, it’s an anniversary of sorts, a look back at my lone brush with the man who is probably the most influential in boxing history, and a couple hours I’m not likely to forget anytime soon.

The year was 2002, and yeah, I remember the date too, December 9th. The former heavyweight champ was in New York City to promote the release of a commemorative magazine about his life, and despite the snow that bogged down the Midtown streets, I wasn’t about to miss this press event.

Now I know the rules - you’re a reporter, not a fan, and if you do your job right, every boxer is interchangeable. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a longtime world champion destined for the Hall of Fame or a four round prelim kid; you treat them all the same - go in, get your story, and get out. [Click Here To Read More]

I beg to differ... Ali, Yes great but Floyd Mayweather is the greatest that ever did it..

Undefeated no professional losses.

Retires when the Welterweight division is the hot bed of boxing with top undefeated and prime Welters..

Comes outta retirement to fight a lightweight to secure another W in his win column..

Accuses a fighter of PED and demands strict blood testing under no merits or proof to avoid a potential match up with that opponent

Hits a fighter when his guards down to KO him and secure another W..

Floyd Mayweather the greatest that ever did it... All you new up and coming boxers take notes on how to stay undefeated..

But Yes Ali is Great...

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
      I beg to differ... Ali, Yes great but Floyd Mayweather is the greatest that ever did it..

Retires when the Welterweight division is the hot bed of boxing with top undefeated and prime Welters..

Comes outta retirement to fight a lightweight to secure another W in his win column..

Accuses a fighter of PED and demands strict blood testing under no merits or proof to avoid a potential match up with that opponent

Floyd Mayweather the greatest that ever did it... All you new up and coming boxers take notes on how to stay undefeated..

But Yes Ali is Great...
      *****S will be pissed

Comment

Great read!!

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post

But Yes Ali is Great...
          I was gonna flame, but then I saw what you did

Comment

Good read!

Comment

Truly he was the greatest

Comment

This article is full of love and adoration. Don't you want to add a bit of criticism?

Comment

great read, inspired me to open a cold one and chuck on the ali dvd.

Comment

Ali is 10 levels higher than Floyd Mayweather as a boxer and 50 as a respected person. One thing about Ali, he would never avoid fighters by going into several retirements or do things to get in trouble to avoid the elite fighters in their primes. Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins would have punished Floyd in their prime.

Comment

Working...
                    X