Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think it annoys Ward that hes not popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think it annoys Ward that hes not popular?

I think that it's terrible, considering how good the man is, that he's just not popular.

He's arguably the best P4P fighter in the sport, but only hardcore fans know about him.

Is it a problem where he needs a new promoter?

He must look at pacquiao, mayweather, cotto, k2 and others and just think what going on!

Yeah that's kinda sad when he basically cleaned out 168. Maybe he does need a new promoter.

Maybe when he retires Pavlik it'll be his first step into stardom?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

Is it a problem where he needs a new promoter?
      He hasn't beaten a star. It's just unfortunate for him that there aren't many stars to beat in his part of the boxing world.

Comment

He probably has no clue. All he knows is that everyone wants his autograph now and millions of people watch him. He's not looking at it from your fan's perspective. He's living the good life.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
          He probably has no clue. All he knows is that everyone wants his autograph now and millions of people watch him. He's not looking at it from your fan's perspective. He's living the good life.
          This, he's fairly popular in the Bay Area.

Comment

Of course it gets to him. I could tell he was hoping Chavez Jr. would beat Martinez. He even mentioned that him vs. Chavez Jr. on Cinco De Mayo would be a big fight. His one potential big money fight went down the toilet.

His popularity depends on his opponents and there just aren't a lot of popular fighters from 168-175.

His still generating paydays of $1 million plus. Not bad at all.

Comment

To answer the question of the thread title, I would say no, I don't think it annoys Ward. Ward is a classy, business-type guy who knows where his priorities lie. Besides, among hardcore fans he is respected unanimously.

Comment

as long as there are big bucks in his pockets and there are women around him I don't think he cares really

(edit) I thought you said Wlad. As long as Ward is providing for his family I don't think he cares

Comment

It's not hard to be great and popular if you want too. All he has to do is move up and beat some serious guys in the next weight. Why do you think an Asian midget is popular.

Comment

Does anybody else believe he's not that popular because he's all about God?

Comment

Working...
                    X