No announcement yet.

What's next for Tyson Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next for Tyson Fury?

He says he doesn't want a title shot until 2013.

So I wonder who he'll fight next? Hopefully a ranked contender, not a clubfighter.

Someone like Lawrence, Wach, Takam, Pianeta, Ortiz, or Jennings would be okay.

How would someone like Maurice Harris do in the ring with Fury? Harris is still stern enough to test youngsters. He beat Edmund Gerber but the Germans robbed him.

I think Fury-Harris could be a decent fight. Harris has been in there with some of the best.

Travis Walker is just a danger man when you're unlucky to catch him on his good days. He wobbled Kubrat Pulev who is quite a stone man.

I'm not certain Mick Hennessey wants Tyson in the ring with a ranked body just yet. I do think he should fight someone ranked within the next year though.

Comment

Tyson Fury= second coming of Audley Harrison

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing him matched-up with Sprott for a September fight.

After that, though, he ought to be looking at the likes of Adamek.

Comment

I'd pick Ortiz, Wach, Lawrence and Jennings over Fury at this point. And I think he'd wreck Pianeta. Fury has talent, but it's raw talent right now that he needs to fine tune. I watched Lawrence's most recent big fight against Estrada, and he beat Estrada more convincingly then Povetkin and Adamek, and he KO'd Estrada, something Povetkin and Adamek couldn't do. I think Franklin Lawrence is the dark horse wildcard of the HW division. He's in his mid 30's right now, but with only a little over 20 fights he's still fresh. Ortiz and Jennings are very talented as well. Luis Ortiz gets little to no publicity and is never talked about and he seems to be avoided by a lot of fighters. He probably has the fastest hands in the division next to Eddie Chambers, but he actually has power as well. I think Lawrence, Jennings, Ortiz, Fury, Price, Wach and Pulev could be the future of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post

I'm not certain Mick Hennessey wants Tyson in the ring with a ranked body just yet. I do think he should fight someone ranked within the next year though.

Spot on. Fury is Hennessy's cash-cow; he won't throw him in with a ranked fighter until C5 say so.

Aside from this, he (Fury) should be looking for a new trainer. He'll get nowhere with uncle Pete.
            Last edited by yoz; 07-18-2012, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I'd like to see Fury against Chisora again, i will bet my GF (avatar) that he'd beat the dog **** outta Fury now

Comment

His usual Russian farmers

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                  Luis Ortiz gets little to no publicity and is never talked about and he seems to be avoided by a lot of fighters. He probably has the fastest hands in the division next to Eddie Chambers, but he actually has power as well.
                  It's that Cuban thing all over isn't lol. Good fighters but most never rise the peak of popularity and most are avoided.

Comment

Hopefully a step-up in class from Maddalone and Rogan.

Comment

Working...
                    X