No announcement yet.

[Vid]My 5th fight....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Vid]My 5th fight....

Just wanna share. I'm the one in the blue. Won a decision but got dead tired in round 3.

Round 1
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151157294560948

Round 2
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151157297540948

Round 3
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151157304890948

That was a good fight. It's nice to see good form. You guys know what you are doing in there. Keep it up.

You're a southpaw just like me. Therefore, I see you use the lead left a lot. This is the best weapon against a right handed opponent. You have a cool style, you remind me of Sergio Martinez with the feints and movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
      That was a good fight. It's nice to see good form. You guys know what you are doing in there. Keep it up.

You're a southpaw just like me. Therefore, I see you use the lead left a lot. This is the best weapon against a right handed opponent. You have a cool style, you remind me of Sergio Martinez with the feints and movement.
      Thanks man. Yeah that lead left has worked for me in all my fights so far, I like to mix it up to sometimes I throw it straight and somtimes I loop it. Works like a charm everytime. Lol thanks for the compliment Martinez is badass. Some people think I fight like a southpaw donaire.

Comment

The Unofficially Offical Rumblin' Rockin' Boxing Scene Boxer of the year thus far (for the forum fighters).
        __________________________________________________ ______________

The Rumblin' Rockin' Analysis - Right off the bat pretty much I heard your coach yelling for you to fient, I immediately liked him. You did so and then nicely struck with a left lead to your opponents face. You'd land the lead again abit later and you followed with a beautiful hook again to his head. My coach taught me the same hook, over the top. You're looking for punches coming back and countering nicely and you're initiating the fight+++.

I was really hoping that you would unleash another one of those hooks on this cat but you pretty much remained just 'pot shoting' the lead lefts with no hooks behind them. You are stepping dangerous long with your left foot swinging infront of your lead foot, correct that quickly or your going to get picked off by the sharp shooters that you will soon be facing.

I liked your movement and I liked your fight. Yeah, you got tired and allowed this guy to look at moments better than he was but you fought gamely through it. You could have landed those left leads at will for the entire fight if you'd shoot for the body aswell as the head with it. Mix it up man, why only give yourself one target when there is more than that available. Trust me when I say that if you happen to land a solid lead in his belly it will open up his face. After landing it take a second and feint the shot to his body again and then pound that left fist down his throat.

Final thoughts, bring that beautiful hook in behind those nice lead lefts. But you won't be able to until you correct your left foot sailing infront of your lead foot on those left hand leads which leave you horrendously out of position to continue on the offense. Very nice job for only 5 bouts, your coach is doing a nice job with you.

Where are you fighting out of? ............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          The Unofficially Offical Rumblin' Rockin' Boxing Scene Boxer of the year thus far (for the forum fighters).
          __________________________________________________ ______________

The Rumblin' Rockin' Analysis - Right off the bat pretty much I heard your coach yelling for you to fient, I immediately liked him. You did so and then nicely struck with a left lead to your opponents face. You'd land the lead again abit later and you followed with a beautiful hook again to his head. My coach taught me the same hook, over the top. You're looking for punches coming back and countering nicely and you're initiating the fight+++.

I was really hoping that you would unleash another one of those hooks on this cat but you pretty much remained just 'pot shoting' the lead lefts with no hooks behind them. You are stepping dangerous long with your left foot swinging infront of your lead foot, correct that quickly or your going to get picked off by the sharp shooters that you will soon be facing.

I liked your movement and I liked your fight. Yeah, you got tired and allowed this guy to look at moments better than he was but you fought gamely through it. You could have landed those left leads at will for the entire fight if you'd shoot for the body aswell as the head with it. Mix it up man, why only give yourself one target when there is more than that available. Trust me when I say that if you happen to land a solid lead in his belly it will open up his face. After landing it take a second and feint the shot to his body again and then pound that left fist down his throat.

Final thoughts, bring that beautiful hook in behind those nice lead lefts. But you won't be able to until you correct your left foot sailing infront of your lead foot on those left hand leads which leave you horrendously out of position to continue on the offense. Very nice job for only 5 bouts, your coach is doing a nice job with you.

Where are you fighting out of? ............Rockin'
          thanks rockin!! Yea I have a lot to work on. My number one goal right now is to improve my conditioning. For this fight I barely did my runs because I got a 4 days notice. I was nervous for this one.

And yeah you are right about me throwing one shot at a time. My coach has told me about this constantly but again I feel like my conditioning prevents me from really letting them go that's why my no. 1 goal right now is to up my conditioning. And yeah I do have to work on my foot positioning. Thanks a lot you really know waht you are talking about.

My coach is a recently retired pro. He was the no. 1 cruiserweight in canada at one point I believe. very knowledgable.

I'm from vancouver. Been boxing for 1 1/2 years now and I'm addicted to it.
          Last edited by johncods; 08-13-2012, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post

I'm from vancouver. Been boxing for 1 1/2 years now and I'm addicted to it.
            We used to go to Canada for bouts alot, I was fighting out of Detroit. We never made it as far as Vancouver though. Always found the Canadians to be completely hospitable and quick to laugh, good people.

I was addicted to it from night one all the same. I started at 14 and it was just so cool, biten by the boxing bug. Always be true to your visions and they could come true. I had mine and they came to fruition alot faster than I thought they would. Be true and its all you...........Rockin'

Comment

good form from both of ya, i really enjoyed watching this good job

Comment

Good job mate.

Comment

daaaamn you got ring girls at amatuer fights whaaaat!
                  dude in red was good at slipping that straight left but you caught him nicely with it a fair few times
                  Last edited by Juof; 08-13-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
                    daaaamn you got ring girls at amatuer fights whaaaat!
                    dude in red was good at slipping that straight left but you caught him nicely with it a fair few times
                    haha i know right

Comment

Working...
                    X