No announcement yet.

Message from Carlos Newton....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message from Carlos Newton....

Posted on the UG by the man himself.....

Hi Guys,
    I have been getting many questions on the fight, mostly, what the heck happened? First, I would like to apologize not for losing the fight but for the fight being so boing.

As for what happened? well, 1. Charuto happened. A great grappler with a bright future ahead of him, Congradulations Renalto! 2. I never felt so sluggish and weak in a fight ever before. Perhaps the late coming in didn't help but I think it had more to do with weight category and training ethic.

To elaborate on the above, I have been weight training over the last year to keep size up for Pride and I think cutting the weight is really hurting me. I believe perhaps I have physically outgrown 170lbs. Also in hind sight, if I'm being honest, "you fight the way you train" and my attentions have been divided. It's obvious to me now, as I see it with one black eye, I must make changes to my lifestyle.

My academic carreer will be put on hold until I have made much improvement in my abilities to preform at todays fast improving level of competition. I probably should have made such a decision long ago, but it is sometimes hard to let go of some dreams in order to achive others; and being in love doesn't help when it comes to chosing the fight game over your long term future.

I would like to thank my supporters, who havn't broken their legs yet jumping off my band wagon; I have just one thing to say to you guys, "we'll be back". And I have to thank my consistant training partners (dispite what Rogan says) who are excellent! If any of you guys on the forum want to help me train for a future fight just let me know through my new web sight Carlos Newton.com or at WarriorMAC.com. I am certainly going to need all the help I can get.

Thanks for the time and all of your support in the past,

Carlos Newton

Good man

Comment

I like him!

Comment

Carlos is alot like Randy. It's really hard to not be a fan of his. I hope he comes back better than ever.

Comment

He is putting academics on hold to fight, that is true love for the sport. Especially going thru med school......

Comment

This loss will open the eyes of Carlos Newton to a whole new world of training. I don't expect this to happen to him again. I would just blow this one off and call it a bad fight. You can't win all the time, look at Matt Hughes. By the way, he will be back also. Sometimes a loss will reignite a dying flame. We all need it to happen to us sometimes to spark our drive.

Comment

thats the interesting thing about MMA. A loss doesn't end your career

A guy with 8 losses in boxing would be done. MMA is a different animal and there are so many differents weapons and ways to get beat, one loss doesn't mean as much as it would in boxing

Comment

3 UFC losses will end a career

Comment

Carlos so comes across like a nice bloke. I hope the very best for him and I, personally, am very happy up here on the bandwagon.

Comment

win or lose newton is always an spectacle.

Comment

Working...
                    X