No announcement yet.

I fought two fights today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fought two fights today

First of all I would start by saying I lost both but still I gotta say you must read the story.

The rules were jiujitsu fighting system... no strikes to head and no leg kicks.... ground is pure grappling.... To win your fight you must score an ipon on 3 points... Standing (which means scoring an unblocked punch or kick).... takedown and sweeps (which means taking your oponent to the ground while you are in good balance) and in the groundgame you must pin your opponent or make em tap.

First fight (which was also my first fight ever). I kept looking straight at the guy and when the fight started we touched gloves and the first thing he did was strike me to the face. I bowed my head forward so that he punched my forhead (something I learned in thaiboxing) but the problem was that he was scoring points with it. Really ****ing wierd. I asked the ref and he said that direct punches to the head were not allowed but jabs and hooks are allowed, just not straight right or left. So he already scored 8 points with jabbing my forhead. Anyway, the ref gave fight signal, I came in with left right combo grabbed his arm, went for a flying armbar and got it... Ipon for me .. it was great the whole crowd was going ****ing wild and even the ref was like:"****, that is brilliant". The fight went on and he took me down really good (props to the guy)... Ipon for him. At this point he already had 2 ipons so he just needed one more point on the ground. We went down again he got me in sidemount and I applied a choke. The ref gave him the last ipon he needed because he pinned me (if it were 10 secs more I would have choked him out).... He won

Conclusion: It was my first fight and the problem was that I trained mix fight and muay thai as well (ofcourse mainly jiujitsu). Because of the mix fight training I am used to pulling guard and things like that, and if he is in sidemount and doesn't put a lock on I am not going to defend cause it only makes me tired. Anyway, I need to get used to fighting with points.

My second fight:
    I had to fight a belgium guy. He didn't look conformteble when he found out he was facing me (I think I impressed him with the flying armbar). He was warming up at the other side of the mat so I went warming up right next to him. He walked away as soon as I was next to him. I knew I had him.
    When we had to enter the mat and do the faceoff he looked scared. I knew I was gonna dominate this. I learned from my last fight that hooks to the head were allowed. I made it more of an MMA fight. He came in and with a jab, I ducked, overhand right and I felt his knees colapsing (I KO'ed him in a semi contact match lol) I hiptrew him right away (I already scored 2 ippons with that).... I got in sidemount and controlled him. Before the 20 secs (you need 20 of control to get an ippon or make your opponent tap) were up the ref stood us back up (I should have won there) we went at it again, scored some points in the standup, I trew him again (3rd ipon) and on the ground he went my trow and got me in sidemount and the ref stood us up again..... They gave me another ipon (4th one) and all of the sudden the judges at the table said something to the ref.. the ippon was changed from me to him and he was declared winner... The guy was looking at me like: "holy ****, did I win?"... he knew I beat him and dominated him...... Really ****ty to get screwed like that but the fun thing was the face of that belgium guy... I simply ****ed him up... I dominated him... For the first time I saw fear in somebodies eyes.

I wanna meet both of them guys in Mix fight and see how they do then.... The fact in both matches was that I was the better fighter but **** happens.

Pics or comming soon..... My coach said he took a pic of the flying armbar so that should be a cool one!

Good job even though you lost. It'll only get better for you bro.

Comment

Its good experience, and noone is going to hold point fighting systems against you. They negate an individuals innate abilities, however it sounds like you would've done better on the first guy, and you won the second. Thats another thing I hated about point systems, ****ty decisions like that.

Comment

I don't really mind that I lost...... Ofcourse it is nicer to say that you have won your fights but my first fight was just something for me to see how things go..... The second fight was one that I won for myself..... The crowd knew I won, I knew I won, My coach knew I won and even my opponent knew I won..... I will NEVER forget the look on his face...... it was fear I saw.... honestly mate, that guy was afraid!

Comment

did you check his oil?

Comment

Congratulations rtbrouwer on you're first of many fights. It is sad that judges don't always play by the rules, but like you said, everyone knows who won. Don't let that stop you in the future. And it will get better as long as you keep the heart for it! I'm as curious as Vulgar, did you check his oil? :lol:

Comment

It's all about the experience man.

You'll do better next time.

Comment

Maybe it is a language problem or I am just stupid but wtf do you mean by "did you check his oil?"?

Comment

Good job RTB!!!

Comment

Good job man! It sounds like you gave your all. That is what makes a fighter. Let you in on a secret I lost my first ever 2 fights. I wanted to give up. But I knew I had to keep going, and look where I am now!

scorpion :shock:

Comment

Working...
                    X