Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why A Rematch Between Danny Garcia and Amir Khan Should NOT Be Made.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can make a case for either guy so its fight worth making but if I had to lean one way I'd go with Danny.

The same punches Molina was landing are the same punches that Danny would knock Khan out with. Wards trainer has not made the fundamental changes to Khans defence. Thats what I was looking for because I knew Khan cherry picked this guy because he was small and had no power so I wanted to see if he had improved his defence. He hasnt. Its the one thing he needed to improve. couple times he held back when he had Molina on the ropes I noticed as if he ewanted to show people he had made changes but it came across as being gunshy. If you have a guy hurt who cant hurt you back then finish it but it became stalemate round after round as Khan couldnt finish it and Molina couldnt fight.

Danny just has to tikme his shots again and we know when he lands Khan cant take it so its a case of can Khan get through 12 without taking a clean shot? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
      I'm not a Kahn fan by any means but I think he wins a rematch. I really don't see a sensible argument against it. The Garcia fans love to clown Kahn but I think they're actually scared of him.
      khan has an average chin yet relies on it to win fights. everyone gets hit but khan gets caught cleanly with punches he doesnt see way too frequently. garcia is a decent counterpuncher and we already know he has the power to knock khan out.

khan can outbox garcia in spurts but over the course of 12 rounds hes gonna get caught, whenever ppl put him under pressure he makes mistakes and leaves his chin out to dry. anyone who can apply pressure, counterpunch a bit and has power is gonna knock khan out imo.

ppl bring up kotelnik and judah but they werent putting enough pressure on khan or throwing enough punches. they also werent throwing alot of looping punches, khans danger punches. maidana was too wild and inconsistent and is extremely overrated imo.

ppl talk about how khan was outboxing garcia in the first two rounds but fights last longer than that. garcia spent one round measuring him, one round going for it but being too wild and loading up. his coner told him to shorten up his shots and when he did it was over just like that.

i called it, about 30-60 seconds before garcia dropped him in the third i was thinking to myself garcia was gonna knock him out. he was forcing the pace and bringing the fight to khan, i knew amir was gonna slip up under the pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        You guys over inflating Garcia are going to be in for a bump when the game is over and he's brutally exposed
        I would back Khan to beat him in a rematch and you guys better give me big odds with how you think Khan isn't even worthy of a rematch. Garcia is ****, I can't believe the hype that's running away with him for his last 2 wins, considering Khan is "****" and Morales way past prime and in early retirement.
        I'm not one of those people, it just seems that what Garcia does best works perfectly with Khan's flaws. Khan could beat Garcia, but I'd expect him to hit the canvas again. I was disappointed that he showed zero defensive improvement against Molina. If Molina could hit, Khan would have been in trouble a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
          i think khan is worthy of a rematch .atleast more so than erik was..

i also think it's a winnable fight for khan if he's disciplined enough to not get caught in a brawl ..basiclly , he needs to not throw combinations , 1-2 at most and get out but minimize it..one sh0t at a time then get out.... garcia is a very basic counter puncher imo
          I agree.

As for Khan's flaws, I think people are exaggerating the potential impact.
          Everybody has flaws.

Joe Louis had a tendency to drop his left hand and has been KD more than a few times in his carreer. On top of that he wasn't exactly fast on his legs and always tried to set up his right hand in a fashion that Ali once defined obvious.

Speaking of Ali. His defense was far from perfect, he mostly relied on footwork and height. His inside game was usually limited to a clinch and he definitely didn't have great KO power.

I am in no way comparing Khan to these two ATG's, just saying that everybody has flaws, that though doesn't make Ali or Louis average fighters, or Khan, by comparison, a bum.

Comment

I don't think Khan and Hunter worked on defensive aspects much, thus we never saw any changes.

What was evident they have worked on using his jab more, covering up when he is on the inside and is able to throw uppercuts, when before he would go for hooks and get countered. The biggest change was he didnt go for the kill, he backed off, which was good too see.

I think this fight will now allow Hunter too see what they need to work on from what he has taught him to do so far.

Not once did Hunter tell Khan to keep his right hand up, which tells me they havent worked on that aspect yet, getting Khan to throw his jab was his the main thing. Khan needs to train in between fights, the more time he spends in the gym, the more it will pay off

Comment

I dont think a rematch should happen simply because if khan wins he would not give garcia a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
                I dont think a rematch should happen simply because if khan wins he would not give garcia a rematch
                If Khan wins he will move up, as will Garcia, they will meet again at 147 most likely.

Comment

a rematch should absolutely 100% be made. i quite enjoy the khan chicken dance and the horrendous excuses and crying soon following the loss. i hope they make this happen as soon as possible. deluded khan's mind thinks since he beat a pillow punching lightweight, he is back on top? delusions of grandeur are on thing, but my goodness khan, my...goodness...

Comment

i'd rather see garcia face mattysse. khan needs more time to get his head right. his talking about "i'll ko danny" shows he's not ready

Comment

Not sure how it would go a second time round. But you have to feel Garcia has a great chance at knocking Khan out again.

Comment

Working...
                      X