Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect Height for these weight divisions? What's your opinions? HW LHW SMW MW welter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Height for these weight divisions? What's your opinions? HW LHW SMW MW welter

Heavyweight: 6'3
    Despite the last two great HW champions Wladimir and Lennox both being
    6'5-6'6, I actually think the perfect height will be someone like David Haye,
    6'3. I think at 6'3 you are big enough to not be dominated by a lot of the super heavys, but also not too big in that you can maintain your speed along with agility.

Light Heavy Weight: 6'1.

SMW: 6'2
    Lucian Bute imo got the perfect height and size. Sadly he lacked in a lot of other areas. Andre Ward imo is a bit on the small size for SMW.

MW: 6'1
    Jermain Taylor, Bernard Hopkins height seem perfect.

Welterweight: 6'1
    This is the one division in which I think a very tall, aggressive fighter with great boxing skills will be better then a average sized or smaller one.
    Being a 6'1-6'2 fighter like Hearns at the WW Division is devastating. At WW you can still be fast and agile at 6'0+

140 Division: 5'9
    Danny Garcia's 5'9 seem perfect
    Last edited by chloelloyd; 09-17-2012, 06:14 PM.

Why Light heavy shorter than SMW?

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
      Yeah man, I was gonna ask the same thing.

Super Featherweight: 5' 7"
      Feathwerweight: 5' 9"

Comment

WW: 6' 1", LW 5' 9", Are you serious? Garcia is not even a LW.

SFW-JWW: 5' 6"- 5' 8"

WW: 5' 8"- 5' 10"

JMW: 5' 9"- 5' 11"

MW: 5' 10"- 6'

SMW-LHW: 6' - 6' 2"

CW-HW: 6' 3" plus.

Despite all of these weight classes, we've had a bunch of fighters show us otherwise. Like Tyson 5' 11" at HW, Corrales 5' 11" at 130, Jones 5' 11" 154-HW. It's almost as if 5' 11" is the best height for boxing no matter what weight class, as long as you are really good.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          Oh that is just my opinion. I'm most likely wrong in this, but I saw that a lot of SMW'S at 168 could carry the weight much easier then tall light heavyweights at 175+. Michael Spinks is arguably the greatest LHW of all times at 6'3 and for a lot of fights he was coming in at 171 because he had to cut weight prior to the fights since he was so tall and walked around at a much heavier weight than most of his peers at the LHW Division.

I just want opinions on what other people think is the perfect height for certain weight divisions. I'm especially interested in what people think about

6'3 Heavyweights
          and
          6'0+ WelterWeights and how much success such a tall welterweight can have.

It's just like I think a 6'0 Welterweight can still maintain a lot of his agility and his speed. But I feel like a 6'8 HW (other then Prime Vitali) will seriously be ****ed in terms of balance, speed, agility, etc.

T

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Despite all of these weight classes, we've had a bunch of fighters show us otherwise. Like Tyson 5' 11" at HW, Corrales 5' 11" at 130, Jones 5' 11" 154-HW. It's almost as if 5' 11" is the best height for boxing no matter what weight class, as long as you are really good.

Hmm 5'11. Very interesting point.

Comment

bantamweight - 6'7
              Flyweight - 6'5

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

and alot of other people. ray robinson(listed 5-11, some have said 6'0), jack dempsey(6'0), jack johnson 6'0) james jeffries (6'0)

that's an interesting coincidence.

Comment

WW should be around 5'10 to 5'11, the perfect example would be ODLH.

Comment

or Ray Leonard who actually beat Hearns at the weight + SRR

Comment

Working...
                    X