Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch vs. Glen Johnson: Official Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch will win pretty easily IMO. He struggles with opponents who have fast hands and move alot, because he struggles to get in range because he is too slow. Johnson is not that type of fighter and will be in his face and trade. Froch is the physically stonger guy and will be hitting him pretty much at will, so i see a tko/ko for Froch.

Comment

Froch by close controversial decision. This should be a great fight

Comment

I'll make a decision in April, too many other fights to look after, but this is going to be the best fight in the tourney action-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by 1believer View Post
          Froch will win pretty easily IMO. He struggles with opponents who have fast hands and move alot, because he struggles to get in range because he is too slow. Johnson is not that type of fighter and will be in his face and trade. Froch is the physically stonger guy and will be hitting him pretty much at will, so i see a tko/ko for Froch.
          Totally disagree, if Glenn wasn't that strong then almost everyone he fights even at 175 wouldn't be moving backwards all of the time and he hits harder than given credit for. He doesn't get his KDs and stoppages by wearing opponents down with pressure the pressure creates opportunities for him to land his power shots.

Comment

at first i was picking johnson, but after some good talks with some good posters and looking back at the two fighters styles, froch should win pretty comfortably

Comment

Originally posted by 1believer View Post
              name me the last person to beat Glen Johnson "pretty easily"

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                chad dawson

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  ummm, chad dawson? But i dont see what that has to do with it, im looking at the styles of of the fighters and how they match up, and i think Froch has the style to beat him. If you think otherwise then i'd like to hear the reasons

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
                    I agree that Johnson has been robbed a lot and I also agree this will be a war..But if this fight happens in Canada I don't agree it will be a robbery,I have to admit Canada scores have been pretty good..I don't think Johnson has the ring IQ to beat Froch..He overwhelms his opponents not really out thinks umm..Froch is a better boxer(and smarter)then giving credit for,I see him pulling it out and tho it might be close I believe everyone will agree and see Froch won the fight..
                    I simply can't agree with U here homey.Johnson's ring IQ is clearly underrated.Consider this,he isn't fast,he doesn't possess 1 punch power,his footwork isn't the greatest,but through all of that he still ko'd slicker fighters,beat younger guys & probably got robbed more than any other fighter in the last 20 years.He is easily 1 of the smartest pressure fighters currently & is over 40 to boot,he must have ring IQ to accomplish such a task.I do think he'll lose,but it's more because of his age than Froch just being better than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
                      chad dawson
                      ok, now, does chad dawson fight anything like carl froch?

Comment

Working...
                      X