No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas book

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy Atlas book

Hey I have been looking around today on the board and can't find the thread about the title for the Teddy Atlas book how to become a trainer. Does anyone know the title?

Originally posted by phillies04 View Post
    Hey I have been looking around today on the board and can't find the thread about the title for the Teddy Atlas book how to become a trainer. Does anyone know the title?
    i have no clue is it that one called from the streets to the gym?

Comment

its called ATLAS - from the streets to the ring: a son's struggle to become a man. by teddy atlas and peter alson.

its pretty ****in good too.

Comment

Originally posted by GR@Y SKIEZ View Post
        its called ATLAS - from the streets to the ring: a son's struggle to become a man. by teddy atlas and peter alson.

its pretty ****in good too.
        how many pages is it? its not one of those books where you gotta read like 200 pages then it gets intresting is it?

Comment

This post has minor spoilers:

I got it the other day. I think I have about 30 pages to go. Really good read if you're a boxing fan. His life is like a rollar coaster, and he tells a lot of interesting stories. He does talk about how he became a trainer, but its not really a how to guide to become one. He kind of got lucky. He had connections to Rooney, who was getting trained by Cus. Or maybe he does talk about it at the end? I havent gotten there yet.

Anyways, I particularly enjoyed his stories about Moorers troubles, and his years with Tyson. My only gripe is how he makes himself out to be some incredible street fighter. "I cracked this guy, I knocked this guy out." I find it hard to believe he can take out 3 or 4 guys like he talks about. Hes not a very big guy. Boxing skill and toughness can only get you so far.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing4ever View Post
            how many pages is it? its not one of those books where you gotta read like 200 pages then it gets intresting is it?
            Bout 280. Interesting right away.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingguy1226 View Post
              Bout 280. Interesting right away.
              how old are you? would this be intresting to read for a 16 year old?

Comment

nah bro, its good right from the the first page on....the first chapter or 2 isnt even about boxing....its about his life growing up as a kid...right in my hood too....he experienced alot of ****ed up **** in his life........its like 300 pages, but its easy reading...i read it in about 3 days, and i read a book maybe once a year, if that...

Comment

how old are you? would this be intresting to read for a 16 year old?
                  19. Yes I dont see why not. Its easy to read, and his life story is interesting.

Comment

Working...
                  X