Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins-Jones Saturday Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't see it but from what I read looks like I'm the lucky one. What did you expect it's a Hopkins fight I swore off paying for any of tis bums fight since his fight with Winky. At least the undercard saved that one but all of you who paid got robbed.

Hate to say it but I told all this was going to be pure ****. Tomorow I'm going to waste 60 bucks just for the fuk of it but unlike the fools who paid for this fight I'm going to enjoy them.

Comment

• All I can say about the fight was that it was bad.

Jones was so tentative early on that Hopkins won the rounds basically by throwing 20 punches a round, Jones looked so slow early on, very uncoordinated and it also looked like he couldn't pull the trigger anymore. But when Jones did let his hands go like he did in the 9th (?) he looked OK.

Hopkins antics were just disgusting, especially for a guy that keeps calling himself old school and whatnot, that was a horrible display from him.

These 2 guys really didn't fight like 2 future HOF legends.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        (HBO PPV)

Roy Jones Jr. vs. Bernard Hopkins, rematch, 12 rounds, light heavyweights
        Rocky Juarez vs. Jason Litzau, 10 rounds, junior lightweights
        Sergio Mora vs. Calvin Green, 10 rounds, middleweights Ismayl Sillakh vs. Daniel Judah, 10 rounds, light heavyweights

(Fox Sports en Espanol/Fox Sports Net)

Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia vs. Tomas Villa, 12 rounds, featherweights
        Mike Alvarado vs. Lenin Arroyo, 10 rounds, welterweights Omar Henry vs. Orphius Waite, 6 rounds, junior middleweights
        Originally posted by Prince Ajamu View Post
        Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        Damn, Hopkins looks like he's 50+ in that pic.
        Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
        War Jonessssss
        Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
        go Jones, give us something. Anything.

Even if he catches B-Hop with a big shot I'll be very happy.
        15 seconds and counting
        Originally posted by Ruby Rossa View Post
        I can't wait till this piece of **** starts so that I can ridicule it till the end!!!

Hopkins will carry Jones and they're gonna play patty cake like the old bum ****'s they are.

anybody see Jones Vs Hopkins ??

Comment

• Preview of how bowring Mayweather v. Mosley would be. One guy being tentative and the other guy contented just collecting his PPV.

Comment

• What a thoroughly excellent fight. I don't know about you chaps, but I was entertained from start to finish.

When's the rematch?

Comment

• Originally posted by badboypeenoy View Post
              Preview of how bowring Mayweather v. Mosley would be. One guy being tentative and the other guy contented just collecting his PPV.
              May-Mosley will be much better than that garbage we just saw...

Comment

• Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                (HBO PPV)

Roy Jones Jr. vs. Bernard Hopkins, rematch, 12 rounds, light heavyweights
                Rocky Juarez vs. Jason Litzau, 10 rounds, junior lightweights
                Sergio Mora vs. Calvin Green, 10 rounds, middleweights Ismayl Sillakh vs. Daniel Judah, 10 rounds, light heavyweights

(Fox Sports en Espanol/Fox Sports Net)

Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia vs. Tomas Villa, 12 rounds, featherweights
                Mike Alvarado vs. Lenin Arroyo, 10 rounds, welterweights Omar Henry vs. Orphius Waite, 6 rounds, junior middleweights
                Originally posted by P4P305 View Post

Beat him Roy!!
                I got 500K to 250K for any Jones fan feeling brave.

Oh and 500 straight up that the fight doesn't go 12.
                15 seconds and counting
                Originally posted by Ruby Rossa View Post
                I can't wait till this piece of **** starts so that I can ridicule it till the end!!!

Hopkins will carry Jones and they're gonna play patty cake like the old bum ****'s they are.

LAS VEGAS — Bernard Hopkins won a brutal unanimous decision over Roy Jones Jr. in their long-delayed rematch Saturday night, emphatically avenging his loss in the famed champions' first fight nearly 17 years ago.

The 45-year-old Hopkins (51-5-1, 32 KOs) dominated nearly every round of a light heavyweight bout filled with wily veteran tactics and fueled by obvious mutual hatred, winning for the fifth time in his six fights since 2005.

Hopkins punctuated his dominance with a stirring rebound from Jones' punch behind his head late in the sixth round at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.

"It was definitely worth it, and it was sweet revenge," Hopkins said. "It was really rough in there. He's a good fighter, and he tried to rough me up. I tried to tough it out, but I was seeing spots from the sixth round on."

Comment

• it was a decent fight but it could have been alot better

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                      May-Mosley will be much better than that garbage we just saw...
                      Don't say I didn't warn you. I didn't evem bother finding a stream for this **** becauss I already know how it will turn out.

Comment

Working...
                      X