pac says god tells him to retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pac says god tells him to retire

http://mobile.badlefthook.com/2012/3...re-boxing-news

Manny Pacquiao says that God has told him to retire from boxing in a radio interview in the Philippines. (Well, Pacquiao said it in the radio interview - God did not get on the radio and tell Manny to retire.) He's also promising a "major announcement on a religious note later this month," according to the Inquirer:

"I will not stay long in boxing because He said: ‘You have done enough. You have made yourself famous but this is harmful.' ... Pacquiao, 33, said he had the dream earlier this year but declined to reveal how many more fights he would contest before stepping down.

Kevin Iole at Yahoo! Sports talked to Top Rank promoter Bob Arum about the subject, and Arum basically said he has no idea if Pacquiao is seriously considering retirement or not.

All of this religious talk from Pacquiao this year has, whether coincidental or not, come alongside accusations of housing a fugitive and criminal tax charges filed against him in the Philippines.

But it seems like just before every Pacquiao fight, this talk of exactly how many fights he has left starts up, and it's always "not many," anywhere from two to four usually. To date, there's been no serious declarations from Manny (and I don't think this one is all that serious either, God dream or not), and he hasn't "retired" three (or however many) times the way Floyd Mayweather has done in the last few years, either. He fights pretty much the consistent schedule every year: One in the spring, one in the fall, and on to the next two.

We'll see. Pacquiao faces Timothy Bradley on June 9 in Las Vegas.

Man I'm almost positive that Manny is gonna lose to Tim Bradley. His time at the top is pretty much over.
    Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 03-19-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

maybe he is just smart and says that **** so Arum let him go and after that do his own business and fight Mayweather and get the biggest payday...

Comment

Oh lord. Floyd is in danger of being called a duck for the rest of his life. I'd support Pacman for this. Hallelujah! Come on Pac, make it happen!

Comment

Good riddance. Bye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Take all your idiotic fanboys with you.

Comment

Comment

Yet he'll deny any retirement talk in his very next interview. This is getting old. It doesn't matter anyway after Bradley beats that ass.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                Oh lord. Floyd is in danger of being called a duck for the rest of his life. I'd support Pacman for this. Hallelujah! Come on Pac, make it happen!

how does that work???manny retires and floyds the one ducking??

Comment

I call B.S on this... wouldn't be too surprised though if he actually thought this. Like i said, Filipino's are religious as fuk

Comment

If the floyd fight is still on the table this year or even next year than Pac will delay retirement and retire after that fight.

That of course won't happen because Canelo already has a deal in place to fight floyd next which is why hes on the undercard even tho hes a far bigger draw than floyd is

Basically the fight won't happen because floyd stay duckin and dodgin Pac like the plague

Comment

Working...
                    X