No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs Narvarez Approved By HBO, Says Rivero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire vs Narvarez Approved By HBO, Says Rivero

According to Osvaldo Rivero, promoter for WBO super flyweight champion Omar Narvaez, HBO has approved his boxer as the opponent for WBC/WBO bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire. The fight is locked in for October 22nd, likely at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California, but Rivero says there is still a chance the fight could take place in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

I can't wait to see Narvaez get KO'ed.

Comment

well this fight kinda sucks but i'm excited 2 c donaire back in action.

Comment

interesting fight,but donaire is too big...i've said it before the guy belongs at 122

Comment

Let's get it on then!

Comment

I like both guys but this is a fighter who could be KOing lightweights versus a natural flyweight. No matter how well the aging Narvaez boxes, Donaire is eventually going to be too strong for him. It's only a question of when the KO happens

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
              interesting fight,but donaire is too big...i've said it before the guy belongs at 122
              i dont see anyone complainin about yohnny perez and anselmo moreno being too big, and both are bigger than donaire....

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                i dont see anyone complainin about yohnny perez and anselmo moreno being too big, and both are bigger than donaire....

We all know that Moreno doesn't want the fight, and Mares and Agbeko are promised to each other, so I don't mind this Narvaez fight as a stay busy fight for Donaire at 118, and we won't find a lot of boxers out there who can say that their stay busy fight was against an undefeated, multiple division champion with gazilion successful defenses to his belt.

The difference between Donaire from both Perez and Moreno is Nonito is held to a much higher standard, owing to his lofty P4P standing, so nobody gives 2 $h1t to who these 2 boxers fight against...

Comment

Narvarez is/was a great Boxer but he was always better suited as a Amateur fighter.

if this was Amateur system he kicks Donaire's ass easily. but now Narvarez is way too old, dude has been in some wars and has never had the power to trouble Donaire.

Besides, Donaire is like 15 years younger, faster, natural weight 2 classes heavier and way stronger.

Going to be Heart/Experience vs Youth/Power.

Narvarez is a better Boxer but I dont think that will matter in this fight, Donaire's speed/youth/power will be too much regardless if he's not up to par technically

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
                    We all know that Moreno doesn't want the fight, and Mares and Agbeko are promised to each other, so I don't mind this Narvaez fight as a stay busy fight for Donaire at 118, and we won't find a lot of boxers out there who can say that their stay busy fight was against an undefeated, multiple division champion with gazilion successful defenses to his belt.

The difference between Donaire from both Perez and Moreno is Nonito is held to a much higher standard, owing to his lofty P4P standing, so nobody gives 2 $h1t to who these 2 boxers fight against...
                    agreed on all points ....narvaez also fought cesar seda who is pretty big for a 115 (120lbs in his last fight) yet no one complained....when bigger fighters struggle to make weight (like nonito has been for a long time now), they are weightdrain but not nonito...that **** is funny to me...

and yeah i dont mind this fight at all too coz i just wanna see nonito fight again...plus, it is only a 3 lb jump for narvaez anyways, but i guesss it's such a crime for omar to attempt to be a 3div champ..........lol

Comment

Working...
                    X