No announcement yet.

judah vs hatton at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• judah vs hatton at 140

i think its a great fight which boxing fan has missed cos hatton is unlikely to fight again. but who takes it?

personally i think its hatton. both like to fight dirty at times but hatton relentlessness will break judah.

zab judah
    60.00%
    ricky hatton
    40.00%

Hatton would have mauled Judah at 140 I have no doubt.

Comment

Hatton by late stoppage.

Comment

Hatton at 140 with his iron chin (unless he fought someone with huge power like pac) would have broken the spirit of judah and taken his soul

Comment

Depends when the fight was. Around the time Hatton fought Mayweather, I'd go with Hatton to take over the second half and win a competitive decision. Now, definitely Judah. Hatton couldn't walk through his punches any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
            Depends when the fight was. Around the time Hatton fought Mayweather, I'd go with Hatton to take over the second half and win a competitive decision. Now, definitely Judah. Hatton couldn't walk through his punches any longer.

im tinking before he fight pac. the hatton which fought floyd will definely walk over judah. in fact i think hatton could have beaten floyd if not for cortez the azz.

Comment

Originally posted by sserped View Post
              im tinking before he fight pac. the hatton which fought floyd will definely walk over judah. in fact i think hatton could have beaten floyd if not for cortez the azz.
              I don't know about then, as Hatton's punch resistance seemed to be well and truly on the wane. It's possible that he just couldn't deal with Pacquiao's speed and explosiveness, but he was hurt by more than a few shots in that fight. I think I'd favour Judah to stop the Hatton who fought Pacquiao within 6 or 7.

Comment

Originally posted by sserped View Post
                Well put! I'd probably add well paid azz--Cortez. totally corrupt ref.
                ALways thought if it were held in UK, and Hatton had his ref, Floyd wouldn't get away with his elbows and Hatton would be allowed to pressure him, which Cortez prevented. Cortez took a point away from Hayton and made him fight in a way that was sure to get him KOed. Floyd might have still won with a Brit ref or even a neutral ref, but it would have been much harder and would likely have gone 12.

RE: Hatton vs Zab. I see people voting as if Zab had 2 phases to his career or to this issue. I see 3. I think before the Tszyu loss, Zab's quickness and power could have led to his win. Then Zab's phase II has him gassing out against Hatton and losing. More recently obviously Hatton was done after Pac.
                Last edited by physiker; 05-02-2011, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Hatton runs into something big early; this is a given. He may take it. He may go down. He definitely stays awake, and definitely recovers. Then it's a real bad beating for Judah. He will be on Judah, banging the body, roughing him up. Judah isn't a quitter and Hatton isn't a banger but it's hard to see Judah taking it for 10-11 rounds. Maybe a corner stoppage.

Comment

If we're talking Hatton in his prime then he would have stopped Judah late. Judah mentally can't handle someone who breaks you down like Hatton.

Comment

Working...
                    X