No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach, Bob Arum Have High Hopes For Rex Tso

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach, Bob Arum Have High Hopes For Rex Tso

Popular Rex Tso of Hong Kong, China has earned a shot at the WBA super flyweight title currently held by Japan’s Kohei Kono following Tso’s close but exciting victory over game Filipino Michael Enriquez in Macao on Saturday.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum who saw his hopes of a first world title for two time Olympic gold medalist Zou Shiming vanish when he lost to Thai IBF champion Amnat Ruenroeng in a lackluster title bout turned to Tso to give him a title shot after what Arum described as “wonderful display.” [Click Here To Read More]

Rex is decent, but they are in danger of doing a 'Shiming' on him. Let's not over hype the kid, what he really needs is experience.

Comment

Freddie trying leech off what another trainer did in getting tso a world title fight in his next fight guy doesn't even train him but wants to work with him now that zou lost

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
        Freddie trying leech off what another trainer did in getting tso a world title fight in his next fight guy doesn't even train him but wants to work with him now that zou lost
        Must admit that's pretty low.

Comment

Zolani Tete KO's him after he's done toying with him.

Carlos Cuadras schools him and outboxes him and possibly stops him.

Naoya Inoue KO's him.

Kono would be his best bet but I just don't think Rex is ready for any world champion at this stage. I could be wrong but unless he takes on Kono and somehow wins it, Roach is about to get executed in China for handing over 2 losses to two of their top fighters .

Anyway, I asked before but.. isn't David Sanchez the number one challenger? Also, the WBA site says Kono and Kameda are in negotiations for a title fight.

Carlos Cuadras is fighting soon against Concepcion, Naoya is out for some time due to a hand injury and Zolani Tete just beat Butler this past weekend. Unless Bob manages to somehow land Kono, Rex is getting his ass beat for sure by any of the other champions .

EDIT: Read the entire article lol. WTF? He beats some no name and that's enough to have "impressed" Arum and Roach and ultimately land Tso a title shot? WTF???? Holy ***** this is ******ed. I hope Kono goes through with either Kameda or Sanchez and ignores Rex for now, it's just not fair to the other fighters who actually earned it.

Wow... If the damn fight gets made I'll be rooting for Kono to clown Rex, Roach and Arum for being so desperate to crown a Chinese champion that has done nothing in his career to even be mentioned in the top 10 of the respective sanctioning body. What a joke.
          Last edited by Aztekkas; 03-09-2015, 09:03 AM.

Comment

not impressed with rex... he might win a title and then lose it... looks like he has a bad chin

Comment

It's great to see Arum flushed out of the USA like a buoyant choade, but spare us the hype on these Chinese fart bubbles he's trying to pawn off as talent.

Comment

Folks, nothing to see here. Tso just got the crap kicked out of him for 10 rounds by a guy who is now 3-3 in his last 6 fights. Not a good look.

Comment

Working...
                X