would you say whitaker was more skilled fighter then roy jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No comment.......

Comment

I rate Whitaker higher, but this is by a small margin. Roy was freakishly gifted. As was Whitaker in his own right.

Comment

Originally posted by new england View Post
        as talented?

No. Jones had every bit of whitaker's speed and reflexes coupled with serious physical strength and knockout power.

As skilled?
        Yes. Pernell whitaker is much more skilled than roy jones in my opinion. Roy relied almost exclusively on his ability to beat a man to the punch.
        this..................

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
          i think prime for prime, if they were the same weight and they fought, do you think jones could really get pass pernell's defence?
          Yes I do because when jones fought toney he beat that ass and Whitaker would sometime use a similar defense and would be forced to go to jones body and that would play into jones hands

Comment

I go with Whitiker. Imagine if Whitiker added the juice to his training?

While Roy was great but what if you take Roys power away he is just a guy who can out box you and would that be enough against the opponets he faced and you factor in the extra help he got.

If you took Whitikers power, well he didn't really have power but enough to get respect.

Comment

Defensively

Offensively, hell no

Comment

Working...
              X