No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson King Of The Streets He Once Roamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson King Of The Streets He Once Roamed

By Jake Donovan - It’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon.

The phrase is the perfect metaphor for preaching the lost art of patience. It’s hardly a lesson that needs to be taught to Lamont Peterson. He and his younger brother Anthony lived it every day throughout their childhood.

As anticipation builds for Saturday’s title fight showdown with Amir Khan, the elder Peterson gets to stroll down the same D.C. streets he was once forced to run – and at times seek shelter. There were points in his childhood where tomorrow must have appeared to be a lifetime away.

But patience has now led to the biggest opportunity of his still promising career, one that comes mere miles from his home rather than on the other side of the Atlantic.

The latter scenario was once sold as possibly the last shot he’d ever receive at the big time, when the prospects of a Khan showdown were first on the table. A six-figure payday was offered for Peterson (29-1-1, 15KO) and his team – headed by trainer and father-figure Barry Hunter – to travel to jolly old England, a deal to which Hunter declined. [Click Here To Read More]

WAR Peterson!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it fa D.C.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like my Wife would say......"Earl-Lee, Neva Late!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      WAR Peterson!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it fa D.C.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like my Wife would say......"Earl-Lee, Neva Late!"
      LMAO you always got some crazy azz saying...Should be a good one that's for sure,Peterson looks in great shape and so does Khan..I smell a war brewing...

Comment

Khan by stoppage (TKO/KO/Doc) whatever.

Not because Peterson is shiz, Khan is just that good.

Underrated, IMO.

Comment

PStetson has a good story and the more I hear him the more I like him.

He will give it his all.

Comment

Live streaming khan vs. Peterson

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            By Jake Donovan - It’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon.

The phrase is the perfect metaphor for preaching the lost art of patience. It’s hardly a lesson that needs to be taught to Lamont Peterson. He and his younger brother Anthony lived it every day throughout their childhood.

As anticipation builds for Saturday’s title fight showdown with Amir Khan, the elder Peterson gets to stroll down the same D.C. streets he was once forced to run – and at times seek shelter. There were points in his childhood where tomorrow must have appeared to be a lifetime away.

But patience has now led to the biggest opportunity of his still promising career, one that comes mere miles from his home rather than on the other side of the Atlantic.

The latter scenario was once sold as possibly the last shot he’d ever receive at the big time, when the prospects of a Khan showdown were first on the table. A six-figure payday was offered for Peterson (29-1-1, 15KO) and his team – headed by trainer and father-figure Barry Hunter – to travel to jolly old England, a deal to which Hunter declined. [Click Here To Read More]
            Admin edit: Do not post streaming links on the message board. First, last and only warning.
            Last edited by JakeNDaBox; 12-07-2011, 04:55 PM. Reason: Spam (posting links for steaming sites)

Comment

Originally posted by chief2ndzonly! View Post
              war peterson!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it fa d.c.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like my wife would say......"earl-lee, neva late!"
              war peterson bros!

Comment

Comment

get away from the same story and show us what you can do Saturday...probably be outclassed & drop to the bottom of the top 10...Khan has too much skill for Peterson but it will be entertaining, if he can cut off the ring from round 1...if not he'll be chasing Khan & running into combos...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                    get away from the same story and show us what you can do Saturday...probably be outclassed & drop to the bottom of the top 10...Khan has too much skill for Peterson but it will be entertaining, if he can cut off the ring from round 1...if not he'll be chasing Khan & running into combos...
                    Yea I don't see that happening,I see a good fight weather Khan wins or not..I really doubt Khan outclasses Peterson as well..

Comment

Working...
                    X