No announcement yet.

Tony Zale vs Marcel Cerdan Fight Film *Rare*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flicker Jab View Post
    lamotta was a better boxer than cerdan, zale, or graziano.

his fights with sugar prove my point.

but I rank basilio above lamotta. basilio was one badass onion farmer.
    Not sure how losing to Robinson five times proves that he's necessarily better, although he did hold the sole win over truly a prime Sugar Ray. His resume is certainly better though.

Comment

Comment

I am nowhere near as schooled as most of you in this thread, but that footage was incredible and that was an exciting fight. Now will someone please up some Charilie Burley footage?

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
          I am nowhere near as schooled as most of you in this thread, but that footage was incredible and that was an exciting fight. Now will someone please up some Charilie Burley footage?

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
            I didn't even realize this footage existed, excellent find (quite a recent upload). Zale is one of the all-time great middleweights and Cerdan is perhaps the last truly great French fighter.

The trilogy with Graziano just took everything Zale had left (although he looked great in the third fight). I recall Graziano saying later that he thought he might (and was prepared to) have died, the stoppage was pretty exceedingly late by modern standards (punctuated by one of the best KOs ever, although Graziano was already out on his feet).
            Didn't know this fight was rare, I have this one. Maybe one day I will learn how to upload unless someone wants to give me an easy guide to...

Comment

Pictures of Cerdan vs Zale.........

Comment

Here is a thread I done remembering Cerdan a while back........
                http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=258880&page=2

Comment

Marcel Cerdan contracting to fight Tony Zale for the middleweight championship of the world.

Comment

Working...
                  X