No announcement yet.

Better Resume? Donaire or Mares???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
    i say mares, just take a look at the last 6 fights hes had perez, darchinyan, agbeko x2, morel, moreno. thats impresive and thats why he gets my vote.
    X2 Mares has fought the tougher competition as of lately where Donaire seems to be taking it kind of easy, but getting more credit. Only if Bob would of let Donaire compete in the Showtime Bantamweight tournament we would of really known who's the best, also why would Donaire turn down the biggest payday to date of 3 million even if he split it down the middle w/Bob???

Comment

Why do i read the "everyone thought Moreno would beat Mares" in every Mares thread?
      Mares was a BETTING FAVORITE. He had more backing than Moreno.

Selective memory perhaps?

Donaire have a better overall resumé, but i have ZERO respect for him right now. I hope Rigo or Mares knocks his head off if he ever fights them.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
        i say mares, just take a look at the last 6 fights hes had perez, darchinyan, agbeko x2, morel, moreno. thats impresive and thats why he gets my vote.
        lol , them guys were # 4 , 5 , 6 at bantamweight..and he did'nt beat darchinyan convincingly someone nonito koed at a better weight..morel was'nt even rated at 122 same as moreno altho it was a pretty good win...

i dont even know why this is somewhat close when it really should'nt be...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          lol , them guys were # 4 , 5 , 6 at bantamweight..and he did'nt beat darchinyan convincingly someone nonito koed at a better weight..morel was'nt even rated at 122 same as moreno altho it was a pretty good win...

i dont even know why this is somewhat close when it really should'nt be...
          Yet Donaire wants to rematch Vic.

Comment

Donaire but Mares really isn't far behind, Mares' run of opposition in the last 2 years has been amazing Donaire has taken on and beaten the best in basically each division he has been in. I mean guys like Darchinyan, Montiel and Nichioka were the best in their weight class at the time and were even given some pound for pound consideration by some when Donaire basically steamrolled them.

Comment

You know, I hadn't seen the Mathebula/Caballero fight before because I couldn't find it. I went by what other people had said about it. I just found it on youtube today and it was it was pretty amazing. An honest to god argument can be made that Mathebula won every single round. Even the Panamanian commentators thought Mathebula won. I personally only gave Caballero the last two rounds when both were tired. There were some competitive rounds that could go either way, but I thought Mathebula edged those rounds too.

It was actually a pretty fun fight and worth watching.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-02-2013, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Donaire & Donaire.

Comment

Can't believe this poll is pretty much a 50/50.

In brief - Donaire beat the far superior version of Darchinyan.

Mares hasn't fought nevermind beat a top Super Bantam.
                  Morel was shot & it was also at a catchweight - still a decent win. Moreno was a very good win! Draw with Perez & two wins over Agbeko who I think is a good fighter but a little bit overrated tbh

Nishioka whilst old & inactive still deserves credit.
                  Hernan Marquez, Sydorenko deserve credit.
                  Montiel was a nice win & the way he won made it more impressive IMO
                  Destroyed a prime Darchinyan who was knocking guys dead.
                  Arce was done, Vasquez Jr was coming off a beating but both top 10.

I don't like Donaire but for me its not even close, Donaire easily especially at 122 where Mares hasn't no real resume.

Comment

Donaire has the better resume. Has fought more current and former world champs. I honestly don't think it's even close.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Caballero was Ring p4p top 10, unified titlist at 122 when he robbed Mathebula. So what if he lost years later to Litzau 2 divisions up, does Hopkins suck cause RJJ went out in 1 to Danny Green?

Mathebula doesn't leave SA cause he doesn't get the opportunities genius.

Hey how do you feel about Mares winning his 2nd belt at 120 catchweight against #10 rated 118er?
                      It matters because even at the higher weight class, he was a heavy favorite to beat the lesser Litzau. RJJ wasn't the heavy favorite going into Green's backyard, and... no, Hopkins doesn't suck, but he also beat RJJ so your comparison doesn't work. Can't believe you'd have the audacity to compare Mathebula to Hopkins in the first place, that's terrible in itself.

Yeah, blame fighters based Africa for that. They pad their records even worse than European fighters do. The most recent African fighters that have found little success in the states have been Clottey, Funeka, and Fana. There's a reason they don't get opportunities... genius.

Don't care at all about that, but it's on par if not better than Donaire's 2012.

Comment

Working...
                      X