Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton retires from boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish him all the best. Good fighter, not quite the A+ level but a worthy champ and a warrior.

Comment

"I'm a happy man tonight. I don't feel like putting a knife to my wrists. I have got the answers I needed. I got the opportunity and I got the answers and no matter how upsetting it is, I have got to be a man and say it is the end of Ricky Hatton."
      That's the attitude Ricky. Good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
        Thanks for this, I feel a little better after reading this. I was legitimately worried about him after this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
          The fact that he even talked about it is quite worrying though.

Comment

He can beat Paulie

Comment

He can't beat Paulie, Hatton was struggling with Senchenkos foot work & his foot work is pretty wack.

Paulie doesn't move like he used to but moves enough to evade any problems from the current Ricky.

Comment

This is good to read:

He said: "I needed one more fight to see if I had still got it - and I haven't.

"I found out tonight it isn't there no more. I'm a straight-shooter and I tell the truth. I can look at myself in the mirror and tell myself I did my best, but there is always an excuse to find.

"I got in the best shape I possibly could but if I hadn't been hit with that body shot I would have just scraped over the line with a points win and I honestly think I would still be telling you all the same thing.

"A fighter knows and I know it isn't there any more. It's too many hard fights, I've burned the candle at both ends, I've put my body through the mire in and out of the ring but it doesn't matter how hard I train, I couldn't have done any better.

"I'm a happy man tonight. I don't feel like putting a knife to my wrists. I have got the answers I needed. I got the opportunity and I got the answers and no matter how upsetting it is, I have got to be a man and say it is the end of Ricky Hatton."

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                  This is good to read:

He sounds like he is at peace with everything, hopefully it stays that way.

Comment

Some good words coming from Ricky post fight. I hope he's content with what he's accomplished

Comment

Glad to hear it, and that hes in a decent frame of mind. I think its the right decision.

I was worried when he announced his comeback, as after 3 years out and with what his body had been through..it was impossible to predict how he would fare.
                      But he wanted another shot at it to see how he could do..so repect to him.

I actually think he could of chose an easier path..a durable, lesser fighter to aid his comeback. Then once he had improved his timing and got rid of some ring rust..move onto someone like Senchenko.
                      It was a close fight and as he said, if he had avoided the body-shot he would of probably won a tight points decision..but even so, i don't think he would of been ready for Malignaggi in his next fight. For me..the edge had gone, so i think retiring is right for him.

He's been a credit to the sport, himself and gave his loyal fans some great nights. He's had a good career and now hopefully he can consentrate on his family, staying well and enjoying his life.

'Theres only one Ricky Hatton'

Comment

Working...
                      X