Are common beliefs disrespectful?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are common beliefs disrespectful?

Hello boys and girls.

I was just thinking about this, as I consider my policies and the way I plan to behave on these here forums. What I am wondering is, if something is a common belief, is it still classed as being disrespectful? For example, saying Amir Khan has no chin? Or that Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is an accident waiting to happen? Or that Luis Collazo beat Ricky Hatton and Andre Berto? If the majority of people agree can it still be classed as disrespectful?

Personally I don't think it is disrespectful.

Originally posted by 46-0 View Post
    Hello boys and girls.

I was just thinking about this, as I consider my policies and the way I plan to behave on these here forums. What I am wondering is, if something is a common belief, is it still classed as being disrespectful? For example, saying Amir Khan has no chin? Or that Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is an accident waiting to happen? Or that Luis Collazo beat Ricky Hatton and Andre Berto? If the majority of people agree can it still be classed as disrespectful?

Personally I don't think it is disrespectful.

Comment

Are you studying philiosophy?

Comment

Well, I don't like being disrespectful to anybody, but of course alot of the time arguing on boxing forums causes you to do just that. I kinda regret it later after I read over what I said. Every single fighter out there deserves respect. Yes, even Charlie Zelenoff.

Comment

Well, I don't like being disrespectful to anybody, but of course alot of the time arguing on boxing forums causes you to do just that. I kinda regret it later after I read over what I said. Every single fighter out there deserves respect. Yes, even Charlie Zelenoff.
          Zelenoff deserves no respect. Why? Because he doesn't respect the sport itself. Prior to the Hartley fight he had never been to a real gym and trained properly. He had no amateur experience, and he had no boxing skills.

The guy deserves no respect.

Respect is earned, not given.

Comment

This is very true for no matter how bad we think they are they climg between those ropes and risk their health for our entertainment and although they do get paid not every boxer gets a ODLH-esque massive pay day.
            No matter how bad I think a boxer is I always respect boxer because it is not an easy or fruitful job

Comment

Working...
            X