No announcement yet.

Just deadlifted 505

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZeeBrah View Post
    Lifting weights isn't training? Wow, you're an idiot. That is the single most ******ed statement I have ever heard in my life. You're probably just talking **** because you're a weak, scrawny, poor excuse of a fighter.
    Don't pay any mind to S Bleeder. He is in fact an idiot. At least when it comes to anything training related.

Comment

I don't have boxing videos. But this is a training subforum, it's not a "boxing training" subforum. Lifting weights is training, so I posted this in the training section.

I don't get why so many people are butthurt at this thread? The ****?
      I have dealt with this for years. For some reason people get extremely defensive on this forum when you bring up weightlifting in regards to training for boxing. It's obvious that they never lift or aren't very strong and become self conscious when other people bring it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        I have dealt with this for years. For some reason people get extremely defensive on this forum when you bring up weightlifting in regards to training for boxing. It's obvious that they never lift or aren't very strong and become self conscious when other people bring it up.
        Doesn't seem to be on just the forum either. RossTraining is worse, and ESB is bad too (though not as much).

Only boxing/fighting forum where people aren't anti-lifting from my experience is Sherdog.

But hey, can't please everyone. I know that lifting benefits fighters, but I really don't care if others think so. It's not limiting me.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be on just the forum either. RossTraining is worse, and ESB is bad too (though not as much).

Only boxing/fighting forum where people aren't anti-lifting from my experience is Sherdog.

But hey, can't please everyone. I know that lifting benefits fighters, but I really don't care if others think so. It's not limiting me.
          I know boxing is plagued by the old school mentality that weight lifting doesnt work. It's really amazing how hard some posters here argue against weightlifting and the only thing they have to back it up is old books by boxers in the early 20th century.

Comment

Lifting weights isn't training? Wow, you're an idiot. That is the single most ******ed statement I have ever heard in my life. You're probably just talking **** because you're a weak, scrawny, poor excuse of a fighter.
            Wow, you sure told me! If IBF stood for "Internet Boxing Federation", you'd be their Diamond Belt holder.

For what it's worth (nothing, when it comes to boxing), in my football days I could squat your deadlift max for 5 or 6 reps, and could hack deadlift (behind the back) 5 plates for reps.

I realized very early on that it means f***all when it comes to boxing.

What's your record, by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
              Wow, you sure told me! If IBF stood for "Internet Boxing Federation", you'd be their Diamond Belt holder.

For what it's worth (nothing, when it comes to boxing), in my football days I could squat your deadlift max for 5 or 6 reps, and could hack deadlift (behind the back) 5 plates for reps.

1. Doubt you could even get one squatting parallel.

2. IDGAF if you could do something 10-15 years ago.

3. What does it matter what my record is?

4. How much do you lift now?

5. Prove you could squat 500 pounds 5 times at parallel or below.

6. You fail to take into consideration I've had numerous injuries that have required major surgeries and have arthritis, so talking **** about my strength is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post

When someone can pull that much weight, that tells me a few things.

This person has tremendous leg and hip flexibility.
                This person has tremendous lower body power and explosion.
                This person has a strong core.
                This person has a very strong posterior chain.

Now please I'd like you to enlighten me, how any of those things are NOT beneficial to boxer. Power comes from the core, hips and legs. So how would lifts like these mean "**** all" to a boxer?

I think guys like S Bleeder demonize weight training because they don't know how to integrate it properly into their training. They either do the wrong lifts, use crappy form, do stupid routines involving too many reps geared towards bodybuilding rather than strength and power training, etc.
                Last edited by Jack3d; 10-11-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

jeff lacy must be so powerfull....smfh

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZAH View Post
                    jeff lacy must be so powerfull....smfh
                    Please get out of this thread. You're just showing how much of an idiot you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post

When someone can pull that much weight, that tells me a few things.

This person has tremendous leg and hip flexibility.
                      This person has tremendous lower body power and explosion.
                      This person has a strong core.
                      This person has a very strong posterior chain.

Now please I'd like you to enlighten me, how any of those things are NOT beneficial to boxer. Power comes from the core, hips and legs. So how would lifts like these mean "**** all" to a boxer?

I think guys like S Bleeder demonize weight training because they don't know how to integrate it properly into their training. They either do the wrong lifts, use crappy form, do stupid routines involving too many reps geared towards bodybuilding rather than strength and power training, etc.
                      First of all, that's not a lot of weight at all. Teammates of mine were easily squatting over 700 and cleaning 400.

And secondly, lifting heavy weights back then (7 years ago, not 10-15 for DudeBrah) didn't make me one iota quicker or more powerful. Having brute strength mattered in football; it means very little to me in the ring.

6. You fail to take into consideration I've had numerous injuries that have required major surgeries and have arthritis, so talking **** about my strength is laughable.
                      I've had a left knee reconstruction and two lower back discectomies.

I haven't had a single injury since I STOPPED lifting weights.

Not a coincidence. And your arthritis is probably a result of throwing heavy weights around, because I've never met a decent boxer who has arthritis unless they're in their forties.
                      Last edited by SBleeder; 10-12-2012, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X