Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British soldier killed by US helicopter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British soldier killed by US helicopter!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...r-8102241.html

Its pretty poor tbh. Friendly fire and all that. :/

200 rounds and they only killed 1 person. Not very good at their job are they.

Comment

Not judged by those stats. If I was the MoD, I would be furious and be calling the DoD for an explanation.

Comment

Will the USA pay compensation to the poor family who lost a son not to enemy fire, but because the Americans cant plan properly?

Comment

these things happen all the time.

combination of fear, stress, fatique, sleep deprivation, drugs, etc.

any of you guys ever gotten shot at? at a party, outside a club, on the street, etc.?

everyone goes crazy, run around, ducking, diving.....

afterwards, confusion, no one knows what really happened, everyone saw different things, different stories....

thats just some guy lighting off a revolver or pistol a couple rounds....

imagine assault rifles, machine guns, rockets, grenades going off.

aircraft friendly fire is a different animal. usually bad intel.

the control will tell the pilot no friendly forces in the area, hard to tell friend or foe from 10,000 feet, even with optics.... they light them up because SUPPOSEDLY no friendlies in the area.

the friendly grunts start screaming in their radios but by the time the control tell the pilot they usually already hit something.

Comment

Yanks are well known for their team killing.

Comment

"When the allies fired the Germans ducked, when the Germans fired the allies ducked, and when the Americans fired everybody ducked."

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                "When the allies fired the Germans ducked, when the Germans fired the allies ducked, and when the Americans fired everybody ducked."

That's good.

Comment

Well this is not a surprise!

There was friendly fire in iraq and also look at the american cops who shot 9 bystanders in NYC recently going after ONE guy.

Americans just can't shoot to save their lives!

RIP my fellow brit but i know this won't be the last time our allies will kill our soldiers

PS. If you want shooting lessons i'm sure you can ask our SAS troops
                  Last edited by Xercen; 09-04-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Maybe the British Army can offer then a refresher course in shooting enemies and not allies?

Comment

Working...
                    X