Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Peterson be allowed to keep his title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell no...kind of disappointed from the IBF...i thought only WBC or WBA would do some bull***** like this...

Comment

Another Black eye for the sport, they basically just gave fighters a licence to cheat.

Comment

If you wanna make the argument that him not informing the commissions and sanctioning bodies correctly as a reason to strip his belt, I won't argue.

But to act in any way like he cheated by having a testosterone level less than 4:1, a ratio that is a ratio that any normal male can have, a ratio that is allowable, a ratio that gives no advantage to an athlete is plain ignorant.

The best part is he will be able to continue to receive this treatment. So cry about that

And still whooped on Khan : -)

Comment

f#ck no

cheating bastard.

his only redeeming quality is his streetwis, ghetto wizard of a trainer, and his street sensibilities

"When you was on them streets what'd ya tell me??"

Comment

Originally posted by WesleySnipes View Post
            hell no...kind of disappointed from the IBF...i thought only WBC or WBA would do some bull***** like this...

the sanctioning bodies have no redeeming qualities outside of generating more money and bringing cashflow to the industry.

they're literally among the most corrupt organizations on the planet p4p, given how small they are and how much underhanded BS with which they can involve themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
              The IBF obviously, since thats the body behind the title he holds and was at stake in the said fight. Who else could make the decision?

As for trying to make mischief, dont' be so stupid. This is a Boxing forum where people debate the sport and this story is big news at the minute, and rightly so since it involved banned substances.
              It was a simple question..should Peterson have been allowed to keep his title after taking a banned substance..or was the IBF ruling the right one..and why. If that upsets you so much, skip the thread.
              You need not have taken the trouble to reply, as it should have been obvious-to you that I am super-critical of the "decisions" plunged into by the cretinous boxingscene posters. I can see that your poor little English feelings are hurt, (Bradford, Heckmondwike Ossett, Otley, where...Ah... Manchester?). I'm from Dublin, and hadn't the slightest qualm when Andy Lee was KO'd by Chavez. As for "upset", I read these posts to laugh at the contents, although I know it's not cricket to do so. But the display of such ignorance, prejudice and irrationality combined and expelled in one huge, poisonous ball (with an ear on either side) is just too tempting. If you wish to join them (as you seem to have done) who am I to "say ye nay"?

The amount of actual "debate" here could fit on the head of the proverbial pin with room to manoeuvre. Everyone and his grandmother rushes to out-do The Reign of Terror's lunatic little slaughterer Robespierre, with their instant howls of "DEATH"... However, opinions are an entitlement.

As for myself, I prefer to wait to see what actual evidence emerges. In this case, the proven facts have been exactly as Peterson originally averred. Therefore the IBF dispensed true justice. The WBA joined the boxingscene herd.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                You need not have taken the trouble to reply, as it should have been obvious-to you that I am super-critical of the "decisions" plunged into by the cretinous boxingscene posters. I can see that your poor little English feelings are hurt, (Bradford, Heckmondwike Ossett, Otley, where...Ah... Manchester?). I'm from Dublin, and hadn't the slightest qualm when Andy Lee was KO'd by Chavez. As for "upset", I read these posts to laugh at the contents, although I know it's not cricket to do so. But the display of such ignorance, prejudice and irrationality combined and expelled in one huge, poisonous ball (with an ear on either side) is just too tempting. If you wish to join them (as you seem to have done) who am I to "say ye nay"?

The amount of actual "debate" here could fit on the head of the proverbial pin with room to manoeuvre. Everyone and his grandmother rushes to out-do The Reign of Terror's lunatic little slaughterer Robespierre, with their instant howls of "DEATH"... However, opinions are an entitlement.

As for myself, I prefer to wait to see what actual evidence emerges. In this case, the proven facts have been exactly as Peterson originally averred. Therefore the IBF dispensed true justice. The WBA joined the boxingscene herd.
                Don't see what Chavez beating Lee has got to do with, if thats applying i made this thread in anger as Khan was beat by Peterson then your mistaken. Im a Peterson fan and as i said in the orginal post this is a thread about the IBF ruling, nothing to do with Khan.

You sounded pretty upset when you said i was talking garbage and was out to cause mischief. And dont worry you didn't upset my 'poor little English feelings'..this is a forum on the internet, its not exactly important to my well-being.

Thats what the thread asked, was the IBF right / wrong and what is you reasoning behind your opinon. Looks like you have now gave your opinon. Thats what i was asking people..no mischief intended. The other thread on the subject turned into a Khan hate threat, i was more interested in peoples thoughts on the ruling. Thats was the point in the thread.

Comment

No.

And to anyone that says "But we don't know if he had it in his body when he fought Khan". So freaking what. What kind of example are you setting?

It's okay to have banned substances in your body apparently.

Comment

Like I said before, I think it's a disgrace to the sport that we all love. Reinforcing this type of behavior could lead to future athletes thinking it's okay to take supplements to balance out a deficiency. Hopefully not!

There are actually natural and effective ways to boost testosterone in men. Certain foods like oysters, liver, peanut better and eggs are all proven to increase testosterone.Team Peterson should've looked into taking a more organic approach to this matter. Poor Judgement on behalf of his strength and conditioning team.. :-)
                    Last edited by codey; 08-11-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Using PED's, steroids, HGH or any other substance that provides you with an illegal advantage over your opponent in any martial arts should be struck down upon, with HUGE force.

If we were discussing any substance abused in bodybuilding, then I wouldn't mind, knowing that a large percentage of those participating are injecting harmful stuff into their bodies.

There should be made examples of those who abuse any PED's, to make sure that the message is understood. I say strip him of his belt and perhaps give him a 1 year fight ban.

I have to acknowledge the fact that there could be 0.005 % of these cases that are explainable.

Comment

Working...
                      X