Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I told you guys Khan did not deserve to fight Floyd!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Because Floyd knows Martinez has the greatest chance of any current fighter of beating him. Floyd don't fight those types.
    Martinez didn't exactly look invincible at 154 unless your talking about Floyd moving to MW

Comment

Marquez the lightweight?? That guy?? If we can go back to when Marquez called out Floyd, there were plenty of treads made saying Floyd won't beat up on that little guy, but not me. I know Floyd would jump all over that low mango.
      did u watch the vid? It was not just marquez. Its been a range of fighters throughout his career. Checc forums all over the net right after he beat Marquez. Most people thought he would never fight Mosley, the same Mosley pac said no to......and guess what happened afterward? Excuse after excuse. I suspect the same thing will happen if/when he beats Martinez

Comment

• Lets see Martinez will be 38 by the time they would fihgt and will not have made 154 in over 3 years~

Yea people will love that and say nothing about either of those facts because Martinez is so highly thought of~

Infact not questioning both those facts about Martinez's chances is very naive~

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Lets see Martinez will be 38 by the time they would fihgt and will not have made 154 in over 3 years~

Yea people will love that and say nothing about either of those facts because Martinez is so highly thought of~

It will be over looked like a fat chick in a magazine. But just as soon as Floyd even mentions Martinez, people will be uploading his birth certificate, slo mo vids of getting hit, the video of being KOed by Margarito 10 years ago... or that he hasn't fought a real threat... etc.

Everyone plays dumb right now. They're just waiting on Floyd to make the move on who he's going to fight. In the meantime people say he's scared of everyone up until contracts are signed. Then it's discrediting time! Same **** different day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
            Yes Judah... You are looking at hindsight. Look to my sig about Judah for validation. Go back and read through the threads of THAT time. Not the judah of 2012. That is the common problem with fans, they do not look at WHEN fighters fight the opposition. Pac is a perfect example of this, noobs see all these names of recent but do not factor in WHEN Pac fought them. Pac has yet to decisively beat a credible opponent since 2009. JMM controversial and the judges say Bradley gave him a boxing lesson.

However I agree Martinez is a bad ass and I want to see the fight. Good fight for BOTH Mayweather and Martinez' careers. However I promise you, like the Mosley fight people will say he's too good, too much of a threat etc etc etc at first but after the fact, will say he was old and shot to pieces and Floyd is ducking (insert random name, probably from SMW).
            Floyd fought Judah after he lost to Baldomir. So tell me about (when exactly now).

Comment

Lets see Martinez will be 38 by the time they would fihgt and will not have made 154 in over 3 years~

exactly I'm a big fan of both but I don't want to see that fight at 154 I don't Martinez is as effective at that weight but when he beats Chavez Jr this will be the fight we see

Comment

• You were right it seems..I still think it would be a fun fight,but he did not earn it last night..I also believe he took like three steps back with that showing last night...

I don't know who Floyd should fight now..I would want him to fight Martinez(if Martinez get's past Chavez.)or even Bradley...

Comment

Floyd fought Judah after he lost to Baldomir. So tell me about (when exactly now).
                  and what was Judah ranked at the time? #3 WW. Baldo was #1.

You know the talks of the fight was made before the Baldo fight.. People seem to think Floyd just picked some random guy like Baldo who hadn't lost a fight in nearly a decade or something. He only fought the guy because he beat Judah and then fought Judah because the fight was already there not to mention everyone (like usual) said he was scared of Judah and not even on his level.

In fact Floyd moved up and beat 2 out of the TOP 3 WW's at that time. Thats accomplishing more than what most if not ALL current WW's have actually accomplished today. It's not like he was fighting washed up WW bums. He was fighting the TOP 3.
                  Last edited by WESS; 07-15-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                    It will be over looked like a fat chick in a magazine. But just as soon as Floyd even mentions Martinez, people will be uploading his birth certificate, slo mo vids of getting hit, the video of being KOed by Margarito 10 years ago... or that he hasn't fought a real threat... etc.

Everyone plays dumb right now. They're just waiting on Floyd to make the move on who he's going to fight. In the meantime people say he's scared of everyone up until contracts are signed. Then it's discrediting time! Same **** different day.
                    Really both things are valid concerns, especially when you combine them so I couldn't fault anyone bringing those facts up as long as that is their line and they stick to it.

However, it would probably go exctly like the Mosley fight where Floyd would be scared to death of him and never fight him then a couple days later he would turn into Grandpa Martinez with photo shopped gray hair.

Comment

Really both things are valid concerns, especially when you combine them so I couldn't fault anyone bringing those facts up as long as that is their line and they stick to it.

However, it would probably go exctly like the Mosley fight where Floyd would be scared to death of him and never fight him then a couple days later he would turn into Grandpa Martinez with photo shopped gray hair.
                      I remember people posting those pics... However they came down when Pac selected to fight him... lol

Comment

Working...
                      X