No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Lee Feels Weight Will Provide The Rematch Edge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andy Lee Feels Weight Will Provide The Rematch Edge

Andy Lee feels like he has already won round one against Brian Vera.

By weighing in at the contracted limit of 163 pounds Friday afternoon, the same as Vera, Lee is certain he has given himself a better chance to win their 10-round middleweight rematch Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall (HBO; 10 p.m. EDT/7 p.m. PDT) than he did before their first fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Have you guys seen the stoppage of the first fight? GOD AWFUL I'm telling ya - GOD AWFUL. . . . He was still hitting Vera back just as much as he was getting hit! RIGHT BEFORE they stopped it - he landed a picture perfect 1-2; then got caught with a wild overhand right again (he was getting caught a lot), and as the ref stopped it - he was FIRING BACK AGAIN! not just half assed "i don't know where the **** i am/survival" punches - but a CONCENTRATED, ACCURATE, SHOT! i don't know what the ref was thinking. . . . LEE WINS! WAR LEE! WAAARRR DAMNIT!! Watch out for the straight left-right hook combination to finish him off!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
      Have you guys seen the stoppage of the first fight? GOD AWFUL I'm telling ya - GOD AWFUL. . . . He was still hitting Vera back just as much as he was getting hit! RIGHT BEFORE they stopped it - he landed a picture perfect 1-2; then got caught with a wild overhand right again (he was getting caught a lot), and as the ref stopped it - he was FIRING BACK AGAIN! not just half assed "i don't know where the **** i am/survival" punches - but a CONCENTRATED, ACCURATE, SHOT! i don't know what the ref was thinking. . . . LEE WINS! WAR LEE! WAAARRR DAMNIT!! Watch out for the straight left-right hook combination to finish him off!!!
      Ya it was not great but Lee had no one to blame but himself for getting involved in a brawl with Vera he was handling him nicely for 4 or 5 rounds.Hopefully he has learned his lesson

Comment

hope andy does the buisness and looks good tonight. would like to see him against sturm in nyc for paddys day next year...or give him a crack at paul williams before martinez..

Comment

Working...
        X