Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Dawson: "I'm very comfortable @ 172 lbs to fight Lucian Bute"

from Bad Chad's ESPN chat yesterday

---------------

Tyler (Wichita KS): How do you feel about fighting Lucian Bute at a catch weight somewhere around 172 lbs? I think it would be a good fight between 2 kings of their division.

Chad Dawson (4:36 PM): I'm very comfortable with that. He's a great fighter. After handling business with Pascal, hopefully we can make that happen.

-------------

patrick (ee): will u ever want to go for the heavyweight belt some day

Chad Dawson (4:28 PM): Yeah, some day. Right now, I'm probably still close to 168, well I'm 175, but can still make 168. Hopefully in the next few years after my body fills out.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...er-chad-dawson
    Bute by KO/TKO
    26.83%
    Bute by decision
    2.44%
    Dawson by KO/TKO
    14.63%
    Dawson by decision
    43.90%
    Too close to call
    12.20%

I would like to see this fight, I think Bute is really really good but he would be in deep waters against Dawson. If not make Dawson/Cloud.

Comment

This fight can go either way, who ever loses it in the ignorant boxing world will say that fighter has been exposed... It's pretty dumb because who ever loses definitely can come-back from that loss. And I doubt that either would get blown out completely. I'd see it as a tough fight for both with winner prevailing but not the end of the career for the loser.

Comment

Originally posted by //-GreatJoe-//
        Chad said he'd fight him at 168.

Be a man of your word Chad.
        they just said a couple days ago he wouldn't fight bute at 168. It's a catcweight or 175.

geh

Bute would be foolish to take this fight at anything above 168.

Comment

Looking like CHad is the new B-Hop.

Comment

Bute by KO!!!!!!

Comment

Two great boxers, Bute just have more power with that dangerous left hook to the body. Dawson is quick with his feet but Bute as the speed to keep up with that. Bute should win by KO or TKO but Dawson can also win a decision if he can keep a safe distance between him and Bute for 12 rounds.

Comment

I wouldn't take this fight if I was Bute, Dawson schools him too big and too skilled...Bute should just wait for the fighters that exit out the Super 6 and target them

Shouldn't Dawson be fighting Cloud next anyways ?

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                  Looking like CHad is the new B-Hop.
                  Chads looking like that kind of except he is alot cleaner fighter than BHOP ever was. And Bute is looking like Calzaghe but with the punching power to go with it.

Comment

dam man id love that. be a graet ppv sell

Comment

Working...
                    X