No announcement yet.

Taylor should return to 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor should return to 160

And give back the mw division its faded glory. At least he should fight Sturm before he retires. He beat him in the Olympics, so it would be exciting to see who would win this time. I believe it would be close. A fight with Williams wouldn't hurt either. No danger of the scenario from his last two fights repeating there. Williams can't punch hard enough to stop him.

no chance dude... he can't make the weight comfortably, and if he has stamina issues at 168 he wont last 4 rnds at 160. The whole reason for the catchweight in the rematch clause of the pavlik fight is because he was having trouble making 160.... so i see where you're coming from but its not an option...

besides, who wants to see him come back to 160 when he fought blown up welters like corey spinks and kassim oumma

Comment

Taylor's done. He should retire.

Comment

I don't think he can make it comfortably and he would just be keeping the seat warm until Pavlik comes back

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
          no chance dude... he can't make the weight comfortably, and if he has stamina issues at 168 he wont last 4 rnds at 160. The whole reason for the catchweight in the rematch clause of the pavlik fight is because he was having trouble making 160.... so i see where you're coming from but its not an option...

besides, who wants to see him come back to 160 when he fought blown up welters like corey spinks and kassim oumma
          The reason he has stamina issues is because at 168 he's too heavy! If he dropped down, his stamina would surely improve. He didn't lose to Pavlik because of the stamina. And the second time it was close.

Comment

The whoe reason why he moved up to 168 is because he couldn't handle making 160 anymore so going back is out of the question.

Williams would have gave him hell anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
              The reason he has stamina issues is because at 168 he's too heavy! If he dropped down, his stamina would surely improve.
              no way dude, he and his team even said he can't make 160 comfortably anymore... and being weight drained KILLS stamina...

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
                no way dude, he and his team even said he can't make 160 comfortably anymore... and being weight drained KILLS stamina...
                Well maybe he should move up then, heh. Challenge Pascal. The lhw division is short of power at the moment.

Comment

No he shouldn't Taylor is a super middleweight right now and can't go back to 160. He just lost to big punchers and had his moments in both fights. I beleive Taylor could still beat guys like Dirrell, Kessler or Ward who are good boxers but not great punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
                    No he shouldn't Taylor is a super middleweight right now and can't go back to 160. He just lost to big punchers and had his moments in both fights. I beleive Taylor could still beat guys like Dirrell, Kessler or Ward who are good boxers but not great punchers.
                    Kessler may not be the greatest puncher today, but he is more than just a boxer. He can punch and how! He just doesn't choose to rely on his power alone. Which is smart.

Comment

Working...
                    X