Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 7 News Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shout out to 'neptune' in the original RE - The great white shark boss.

That thing was scary enough without being 500 feet long, why? Because it was a great white ****ing shark.

Comment

I remember nearly soiling myself when I first encountered The Hunters back in the 90s.

[IMG]http://ist2-2.filesor.com/***********.com/1/_/_/_/1/1/I/J/x/1IJxS/Hunter-re1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

NEVER played the first 2 myself.. just shat myself as i watched my mate play through them.. i was about 10..

Resident Evil 5 seemed perfect to me at the time as i loved the co-op features as i played with my brother.. not many great co-op games tbh. Not only that but we had great fun playing mercenaries afterwards.. getting the likes of wesker and all the different characters..

That was back when it was released.. came back and tried it with a mate last year and found it pretty **** and clunky.. they said the whole not run and shoot thing was deliberate.. but it didn't really work when they are trying to force so much action on you IMO. IF you played that SOLO i can see why you disliked it so much.

I wouldn't mind the action to be more last of us style if they want to keep it faster.. but i know many people here would probably hate that...

That resident evil game were you played online with 3 different people always seemed like fun to me.. but i heard it was absolute ****. Never played 6 due to the crap i heard about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post

I completely agree.

Looking at video games now it seems like every boss is the size of the White House. I'm not sure when that started, but I believe 'God of War' was instrumental in making it the norm.

In some games it's done amazingly well (Shadow of the Colossus, because it was part of the narrative), but for the most part it seems really cliched now. I'm honestly much more surprised when a boss doesn't dwarf me these days.
          One of my top games is metal gear solid.. the fights vs The Boss.. Physco Mantis.. The end are far superior to the fights vs the big metal gear rexxs

Comment

Oh Psycho Mantis..... you poor tortured Gimp.

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
              One of my top games is metal gear solid.. the fights vs The Boss.. Physco Mantis.. The end are far superior to the fights vs the big metal gear rexxs
              Absolutely.

Man, I just about **** myself when Psycho Mantis made my controller move, read my mind in battle, and then blacked out my screen. I was really in awe when the paintings came off the walls.

Definitely one of the coolest fights in video gaming history.

I believe it was the first boss battle that broke the fourth wall.

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
                Rex scared the **** out of me more than Psycho Mantis ever did. Especially because I called Campbell thinking, "what the **** am I supposed to do to this thing," only to have Campbell say the exact same thing. Thanks a lot you son of a b*tch.

Comment

Snake? Snake? SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                    Absolutely.

Man, I just about **** myself when Psycho Mantis made my controller move, read my mind in battle, and then blacked out my screen. I was really in awe when the paintings came off the walls.

Definitely one of the coolest fights in video gaming history.

I believe it was the first boss battle that broke the fourth wall
                    Something that mother****er Kojima is famous for..

I was reading the other day that from MG2 from the tanker scene onwards that was breaking the 4th wall.. TBH i was a kid for the first couple games and some of it went over my head.. the mantis **** scared the crap out of me though..

And back then the internet was not so big .. so i had no idea about the switching controllers. I have heard the dude may come back in the new game coming out soon.. MGS Phantom Pain or Ground Zeroes.. who knows??? that Kojima is a master troll that puts any on this forum to shame with his skills.

Capcom and Konami.. are kind of in the ****ter though.. they need to create some good new IPs or sort out there current ones.

Comment

i think the reason the first resident evils were so scary was because you could barely move, hell you couldnt even aim iirc. You were truly helpless against some of those beasts so running was the smart thing to do most of the time.
                      Now that you can dropkick bosses and have the autoaim feature its more fun but not as scary

Comment

Working...
                      X