No announcement yet.

Boxers with ATG Jabs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
    Again yeah I know it's just a good set up jab no real force nothing really just great at setting up his left hand it's almost like him throwing the whole jab is his feint not just a slight movement. The image that keeps playing in my head about it is when he first knocked Barrera down it was just pop bam! Or was that the second fight idk lol.
    Rigondeux does the same thing but slowly. He just throws his arm out there, not trying to cause damage just purely for measure and as a faint. Pretty much follows them with it, and shoots the missle behind it. Pac does it to initiate, Rigo to draw in. But same type imo

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      Rigondeux does the same thing but slowly. He just throws his arm out there, not trying to cause damage just purely for measure and as a faint. Pretty much follows them with it, and shoots the missle behind it. Pac does it to initiate, Rigo to draw in. But same type imo
      I feel you

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilist King View Post
        mike tyson had a great jab
        For his physique and style maybe. If you compare it to some other great heavyweights it wasn't much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
          I think it's kinda strange that Foreman hadn't had much of a jab in his younger days but later on he had developed quite an immense one. Perhaps my favorite left jab is Joe Louis' classic weapon. I also loved Tommy Hearns & Larry Holmes fast & hard snappy straight lefts. But, as we all know there have been so many great ones!
          It was just as good and devastating when he was a young man, he just didn't use it as much

Comment

Michael Spinks

Comment

1. Holmes
              2. Ali
              3. Hearns
              4. De la Hoya
              5. Arguello
              6. Louis
              7. Robinson
              8. Liston
              9. Foreman
              10. Duran

Comment

buster douglas also had a good jab but not atg.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                  It was just as good and devastating when he was a young man, he just didn't use it as much
                  What fights did he use it when he was young? I sure don't recall seeing it, offhand...

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
                    What fights did he use it when he was young? I sure don't recall seeing it, offhand...
                    Check out the Chuvalo fight. Foreman was rocking him with a jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      Check out the Chuvalo fight. Foreman was rocking him with a jab.
                      I was about to say that too, Scott. Foreman also showed a very strong and effective jab against Ken Norton. Watching that fight, Foreman was not nearly as one dimensional as many people perceive him to be during that time.

Last edited by joseph5620; 09-22-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X