Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think would be a perfect fit for montiel's next fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think would be a perfect fit for montiel's next fight?

Who do you think would be a perfect fit for montiel's next fight?

Steve Molitor.

A fighter with good boxing ability but not a big puncher. He also has a belt at 122, the division Montiel wants to fight it, and is promoted by Top Rank, seems like a perfect fit. He first has a fight in march though.

Comment

if he stays at bw, he should fight the winner of perez vs darchinyan or the loser of agbecko vs mares.......

Comment

He's not getting younger but after a knockout like that he should fight 1 or 2 easy opponents before going after a title. Call it a rebuilding process.

Comment

After that last *ss whipping!!! He should retire!!!! And I thought he was going to win!!!! LOST my *ss on the mojao.

Comment

Maybe take a tuneup fight in Mexico then get right back into the mix, he's still a very good fighter and fits in with the top guys in the division very well.

Comment

take some time off, get a tune up fight in june/july, get a good fight in late 2011 and be ready for a title fight in early 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                if he stays at bw, he should fight the winner of perez vs darchinyan or the loser of agbecko vs mares.......
                sounds like a good idea, if he don't wanna rush, then a very quick tuneup fight would be good for him. He has plenty of good fighters to target at 118 that could be big wins, so to me, there is no need for Montiel to move up in weight. Hope he can comeback strong!

Comment

Fight a 24 wins 9 losses Journeyman in Mexico to get back his confidence.

Comment

He had a problems with making weight. Better to move up to SBW, there take on someone like Steve Molitor, after that Nishioka.

Comment

Working...
                    X