No announcement yet.

WBC orders Solis-Austin eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBC orders Solis-Austin eliminator

The WBC has ordered Don King Productions and Arena Box-Promotions to initiate the free negotiations period for a WBC heavyweight final elimination bout between #1 rated Ray Austin and #2 rated Odlanier Solis. If no agreement is reached by the parties, a purse offer will be conducted on April 23 at the WBC Executive Offices in Mexico City. The Austin-Solis winner would become the mandatory challenger for WBC champion Vitali Klitschko.

I got Solis if he weighs under 280.

Just the fact that Ray Austin has a boxing license shows how much of a joke the Heavyweights are.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Just the fact that Ray Austin has a boxing license shows how much of a joke the Heavyweights are.
      Its really pathetic.

Its embarrassing that this is a title eliminator.

Comment

It's a decentish fight for Solis but in no way it gets him ready for either Klitschko.

Solis needs to focus on training either way and slim down.

Comment

Finally.

The WBC should have ordered this fight months ago.

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
          Its really pathetic.

Its embarrassing that this is a title eliminator.
          There are at least 15 heavyweights who would defeat the age 39 Austin: Boytsov, Helenius, Dimitrenko, Tua, Thompson, etc.

But Austin has been given this opportunity because his promoter is Don King.

Comment

Hopefully Solis knocks Austin out of the HW division once and for all.

Comment

I like Solis as a prospect but Drumond is his biggest win, unless you count the often ko'd Barrett. He has done no more than Austin to get a title shot, at least Austin has faced alot of fringe contenders, Larry Donald, S. Ibragimov, Golota etc.

Solis hasn't been in the ring with a contender and I'd like to see him tested at least before the WBC starts throwing manditories around to the highest bidder.

Comment

Damn, when I read the title I was picturing Tony Thompson. Austin isnt a bad step up for Solis either, but even if he beats Austin its doesnt mean much. There are a bunch of matchups I'd like to see at HW, but none of them involve a Klitschko. The only person good enough to give one of them a decent fight is the other one, they are just too good for anyone else at HW right now. I would like any combination of Peter, Haye, Arreola, Solis, Tua, Adamek, Dimitrenko though.

Comment

Vatali better put his pants on, Solis will knock his block off !!

Funy, on ********* they said Pitbull would be there,and that he is Puerto Rican LOL Pitbull wishes he was Puerto Rican.

Comment

Originally posted by rican411 View Post
                    Vatali better put his pants on, Solis will knock his block off !!

Funy, on ********* they said Pitbull would be there,and that he is Puerto Rican LOL Pitbull wishes he was Puerto Rican.

Comment

Working...
                    X