No announcement yet.

James Page Comeback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Page Comeback

Anyone remember him. WBA Welter Champ back in the late 90's then got put away for armed robbery.

He makes his comeback, aged 41, this weekend.

Will be interesting to see how he does.

Originally posted by taansend View Post
    Anyone remember him. WBA Welter Champ back in the late 90's then got put away for armed robbery.

He makes his comeback, aged 41, this weekend.

Will be interesting to see how he does.
    He looked shot the night Six Heads took his title.....had a terrible time taking punches. I am pretty certain 11 years away from the ring and his age will not help him.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
      He looked shot the night Six Heads took his title.....had a terrible time taking punches. I am pretty certain 11 years away from the ring and his age will not help him.
      You never know. The prison showers can toughen a man up pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
        You never know. The prison showers can toughen a man up pretty quickly.
        So now he has an a*shole to match his defense- WIDE OPEN.

Comment

I always liked Page (but i like punchers) i remember when he sparked Andrey Pestryaev and that war with Jose Luis Lopez, and his go to combination straight right hand followed by a hard power jab (i used that combo to great effect while sparring after seeing him do it). I wish him the best in his comeback.

Comment

His first loss was against one of my favourite comeback stories, Zack Padilla.

How many records did he set in the 2nd part of his career.

Comment

In the Six Heads bout, Page had been inactive for a year and a half. He obviously wasn't the same fighter. Seen so many fighters set on a shelf, especially champions and lose what it took years to achieve.

However I enjoyed Page's run at welterweight. His fight with Lopez was great especially because Lopez managed to get a draw with Quartey the previous year. But I agree, we can't expect much from a comeback at this point, I just hope he doesn't get hurt.

Comment

I remember Page. He was even managed by James Prince.

I HAD, however, forgotten about Andrew Lewis until I read that post ^

Page was boxing back at the height of my fandom, along Terron Millett, Keith Mullings, William Guthrie, and so many titlists that are almost forotten today

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  In the Six Heads bout, Page had been inactive for a year and a half. He obviously wasn't the same fighter. Seen so many fighters set on a shelf, especially champions and lose what it took years to achieve.

However I enjoyed Page's run at welterweight. His fight with Lopez was great especially because Lopez managed to get a draw with Quartey the previous year. But I agree, we can't expect much from a comeback at this point, I just hope he doesn't get hurt.
                  Inactive for 1.5 years at the age of 30 and looked awful.

Imagine him at 41 and with a decade of inactivity?

It's one thing to look back at his career and another to actually speculate on what he's capable of right now.

Comment

Inactive for 1.5 years at the age of 30 and looked awful.

Imagine him at 41 and with a decade of inactivity?

It's one thing to look back at his career and another to actually speculate on what he's capable of right now.
                    Yeah I agree, must be broke to be doing this.

Comment

Working...
                    X