Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can Danny Garcia improve ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He needs to be a pressure fighter in my opinion, he can still counter punch but needs to be more agressive and a higher output. He has a good solid core, and I have been really impressed with his chin and toughness.

Against Khan he got hit with nearly 60 punches in the first 2 rounds, he was cut and swelling up, and in many ways the way Khan fought was tailor made for him, He can't afford to let that happen, he spent too much time on the outside against both Morales and Khan. There are fighters who he won't be able to catch like that, overall I think he'l win some, lose some at this kind of level.

Comment

Originally posted by BornToLive View Post
      Head movement is the only thing he can improve, he doesn't need to foot work because he likes to plant both feet & throw that wild left hook, had he shorten those punches, it won't carry the same effect.
      That is also my opinion. Danny is 24 so he can still improve but he won't become faster or a harder puncher so he has to work with what he has. He is good but not great at anything he does but with a better defense and head movement it can go a long way.

Comment

He's fundamentally sound. Maybe he could improve his jab, and movement, or become more aggressive, but he doesn't have many weaknesses at all. He's decent in every arena.

Khan on the other hand has great physical gifts but with that he has lots of weaknesses that could be improved upon.

Khan has far more potential as a fighter, but it's up to him to fill those holes in his game. Garcia on the other hand is almost as good as he's ever going to be, which is still pretty good. But to be honest, he's lucky Khan doesn't have a chin or good defence.

Comment

head movement. and i think the next step for him is to be a better counter puncher. hes a good one, wit very good timing, with that said, he needs to take it to the next step where he learns to set up shots and trap his opponents. stick out a jab at the rite time, lure his opponents to him, he cant always take shots in order to get his counters off, theres no need for that really. set up traps and with his counter punching, he'll be a handfull for most fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
            your thoughts ??
            spark khan in THREE rounds

Comment

Shorten up his right hand & turn over the left hook.

Comment

Morales showed that he is very predictable as Khan is. Khan always punches every 2 second gap literally. He is always busy, you can time him on that.

Garcia is also someone who can be timed in the sense that he will always counter and his body will be in motion if you are there or not. For example Morales made fun of Garcia and also when Khan moved, Danny was missing wildly.

His footwork is very slow. Khan on the move (Pre hurt) made Danny look plodding. I was shocked that Khan kept going back in when he was winning the round handily.

Comment

Garcia fights like an Angler Fish he is slow and imobile and puts the bait out there for his opponent to go at and when the time is right throws that big left hook and snaps the trap down. He is really good at it and it is his MO but he is a bit of a one trick Pony.
                  When he was chasing Khan and making attacks he was way out of his depth and looked silly so he needs to work on his footwork and with his power has great potential to be a pressure fighter. His body attack was very impressive though.
                  He could work on straightening his punches out. Right now he just throws loopy shots but he is better than he looks. He is what I call "sneaky good" he does not look anything at all but he is measuring his opponents attacks and working out how he is going to counter a set pattern later in the fight when he has the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                    He's fundamentally sound. Maybe he could improve his jab, and movement, or become more aggressive, but he doesn't have many weaknesses at all. He's decent in every arena.

Khan on the other hand has great physical gifts but with that he has lots of weaknesses that could be improved upon.

Khan has far more potential as a fighter, but it's up to him to fill those holes in his game. Garcia on the other hand is almost as good as he's ever going to be, which is still pretty good. But to be honest, he's lucky Khan doesn't have a chin or good defence.
                    I wouldn't say he is fundamentally sound. His chin was high up and getting tagged pretty easily. He does have a good chin though.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
                      Garcia fights like an Angler Fish he is slow and imobile and puts the bait out there for his opponent to go at and when the time is right throws that big left hook and snaps the trap down. He is really good at it and it is his MO but he is a bit of a one trick Pony.
                      When he was chasing Khan and making attacks he was way out of his depth and looked silly so he needs to work on his footwork and with his power has great potential to be a pressure fighter. His body attack was very impressive though.
                      He could work on straightening his punches out. Right now he just throws loopy shots but he is better than he looks. He is what I call "sneaky good" he does not look anything at all but he is measuring his opponents attacks and working out how he is going to counter a set pattern later in the fight when he has the opportunity.
                      he didnt look completely out his depth. if you watch it again carefully he was actually catching some of khans punches and moving away . though with khans gifted talent he did get tag alot too, but it wasnt such a wipe out. even before the 1st KD, garcia looked relax and was still coming to khan instead of slowing down or backing away. so props to garcia, stuck to it when others like judah didnt want to

Comment

Working...
                      X