Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Chin - Foreman, Holyfield or Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
    Ali is feather fisted.
    Your boxing knowledge and insight to the sports biggest secrets is overwhelming, PLEASE tell me more!

Comment

Foreman.

Holy has one of the great chins, but I've seen him hurt more times than Foreman.

Bowe, Ruiz, Toney, Cooper all had Holyfield on the floor and badly hurt, 2 of them knocked him out.

Foreman was in a war with Lyle, and Ali, who has underated power, caught him when the gaz tank was running low. Young also caught him and floored him, but I wouldn't put too much stock in that, as Foreman was desperate to score a last second KO and ended up on the canvas himself, but not really hurt.

So yes, Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
        Foreman got 1 punched by feather fisted cassius clay LMAO

Foreman also got dropped all over the place by Ron Lyle.

Holyfield easily has a better chin than Tyson because he fought Lewis and Tyson twice and was never dropped while taking flush bombs.

Holyfield who doesn't have as much power has Tyson, dropped Tyson.

The answer is Holyfield, who has probably the best chin in HW history.
        you don't know ****

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          holyfield had the best recooperative abilities

foreman's size probably gives him the outright ability to take the best shot of the three, but he was also the easiest to hit in his prime // pre layoff with big punches.

serious beards on them throughout their careers.
          recuperative?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
            recuperative?

yeah dude that one

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
              I dont know. Foremans has the better looking chin out of the three lol. Curvy but sharp not too edgy lol. Holyfield has a wide yet symetric chin which is pretty cool, very similar to mayweathers chin in dimension. Tyson kind of didnt have a chin it connected right with the jaw line. So I don't know... I will go with Foreman because it is the classiest chin out of the three.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                I have no idea how you determine that anyone has a better beard than holyfield.
                By having a nervous breakdown and letting Lennox Lewis hit you flush in the face whilst walking around the ring blubbing like a baby?

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                  By having a nervous breakdown and letting Lennox Lewis hit you flush in the face whilst walking around the ring blubbing like a baby?
                  well, still don't see how that makes his chin weak. the punishment he took in the first fight was scary to me.

he didn't do what mike did.......

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    holyfield had the best recooperative abilities

foreman's size probably gives him the outright ability to take the best shot of the three, but he was also the easiest to hit in his prime // pre layoff with big punches.

serious beards on them throughout their careers.
                    Yeah, I'd go with that.

Holyfield clearly had the best chin P4P of the three, and took shots off fighters that hurt Tyson and other sturdy chinned fighters, and like you said he had phenomenal recuperative abilities. But I sometimes wonder how much of that was mental and sheer grit not to go down, and how much physical. The reason I say this is that sometimes he'd get caught and look all over the place by hard but not especially monstrous punches where Tyson just seemed to look rocked and flatfooted when he got hurt. I just get the feeling that Tyson was the more physically durable fighter whilst Evander was the more mentally prepared to take hard shots, if that makes sense. At any rate, however he did it Evander proved his greater resilience to Tyson throughout their respective careers.

Foreman, comeback Foreman, was probably best at just physically absorbing the shots due to his size and the thickness of his neck and trunk. He took shots off Morrison and Moorer without visible harm, and absorbed a vicious sustained combo from Holyfield that would have put a lot of fighters down and out. It might have been partly his height (punching upwards) and his awkward arms out style that took the sting off the punches, but there's no doubt he was an extremely durable dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                      well, still don't see how that makes his chin weak.....
                      Where did I say that?

Comment

Working...
                      X