No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Sees Roach As Long-Term Solution

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Sees Roach As Long-Term Solution

By Jake Donovan - Very few would have faulted Miguel Cotto had he opted to call it a career following last December’s loss to Austin Trout. It’s not that the Puerto Rican superstar looked his age, but more so the concerns of spiraling further downward.

The loss to Trout marked several firsts in Cotto’s fantastic career. It was the first time he had suffered back-to-back defeats, having dropped a competitive but clear decision at the hands of pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather seven months prior. It was also the first time he ever lost at Madison Square Garden, where he has sold more tickets than any other fighter in the 21st century.

A win was supposed to lead to a potential super fight with then-unbeaten Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez, who instead wound up facing and beating Trout in April before being manhandled by Mayweather last month in Las Vegas. There is still a chance of a clash with Alvarez happening sometime down the road, as well as perhaps one or two more lucrative options for Cotto before his career fades to black. [Click Here To Read More]

Heard that before. Let's see what happens Saturday.

Comment

Everything is all ways optimistic before the fight but when you take that "L" then its the trainers fault and I'm off to find a new team.

But Cotto's next fight should be easy because his opposition for this fight is a B level ESPN fighter.

Best of luck to both and may the best man win.

Comment

I feel Roach is a good fit for Cotto and we will see this weekend. Cant wait for this fight.

Comment

I wish he would just stop whoring himself to different trainers after each lost

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
            I wish he would just stop whoring himself to different trainers after each lost
            True, but I think this was the better move for Miguel. Pedro Diaz was training Cotto like an amateur. Roach is getting Miguel to move a bit more and throw more combinations, especially to the buddy. He should look really good against Delvin.

Comment

I always felt Cotto was at his best when he was aggressive. He seemed to lose that under Diaz. Even vs May there were spots where he just stood in front of Floyd, but when he finally got the bit between his teeth he was effective. He'd shipped too many punches by that point though.

Comment

Cotto will leave him in DosFights!

Comment

At some point you have to realize it's not the trainer, it's you.

Comment

Cotto could fight with no trainer n still beat Rodriguez.
                    Roach isn't all that n it's funny how a lot of the Cotto fans think so kindly of Roach now after dogging him before this.

Comment

Working...
                    X