No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton is Urging Fans To Support Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton is Urging Fans To Support Amir Khan

Ricky Hatton believes that Amir Khan has the makings of a P4P star and has urged the British boxing public to get behind 'King' Khan ahead of next weekend's MEN Arena bill, a show which has suffered its fair share of problems and is now to be shown on Sky Sports 3 rather than Sky Sports PPV after a string of undercard fights fell through.

[Click Here To Read More]

Amir should just cancel the fight. That will teach Sky what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
      Amir should just cancel the fight. That will teach Sky what's up.
      lol.

What a fan!

Comment

Ricky Hatton is Urging Fans To Support Amir Khan
        bet ya if ricky fought that **** wud b PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
          bet ya if ricky fought that **** wud b PPV.
          of course.

Ricky could have fought my Nan and sold out the MEN arena.

Comment

Hatton had the best fans. He could sell any fight. He was the cash cow

Comment

nothing against amir at all. good kid, doing his best and bags of talent. think he went a bit superstarish v. early on in his career, fast flashy cars and 'about me' dvds off the back of the olympic medal ...much better since he went with roach but still in the media too much and needs to lose the 'team' of hangers on and pickpockets.....all that negative press about ariza and then his 'link' to katie price/jordan undermines his attempts to be taken seriously.
              biggest problem (i'm afraid to say) is that whether he likes it or not....there IS an element of religious and cultural prejudice against him....ricky was a working class hero and had a great bond with the white northern community. the average asian/muslim in the UK just isnt into boxing in the same way so there is a gap between him and the fan base he craves.
              he is better off concentrating on establishing himself in the states as a top P4P fighter....the 'average' american probably views him with as much 'suspicion' because of his islamic roots but at least the fight fans give him a fair crack of the whip.
              hope he overcomes the prejudices....he has the potential to be one of the greatest british fighters of all time. and at the end of the day ...calzaghe never got proper respect until the end of his career so plenty of time ....just needs to focus on knocking people down/out for now.

Comment

Ricky can fight anyone and still outsell Khan and Haye put together.... I dont know if Hatton is getting a cut off..

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Ricky can fight anyone and still outsell Khan and Haye put together.... I dont know if Hatton is getting a cut off..
                  If I was Ricky Hatton, I'd have done a retirement MEN tour. Like his WBU reign of terror.

Comment

Sure Ricky, but most of your working class fans would never support brownie Khan, and vice-versa.

Comment

Working...
                    X