Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Vs Guillermo Rigondeaux: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
    This is photo-shopped but nice try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane00 View Post
      Nonito is not ggoing to lose. He has super LEFT HOOK. Rigondough is a southpaul he goona be open always to left hook.

Nonito KO rnd 1. You cal me crazy? Rigondough is very small and week. Nonito is 4, 5 inches bigger. Has more power.

Still call it KO rnd 3 to be safe
      I do agree that Donaire will win via KO but I think it will take awhile before Donaire figures out Rigondeaux. Rigondeaux is a superb defensive boxer and also has real punching power so Donaire will not be careless right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angelo89 View Post
        I do agree that Donaire will win via KO but I think it will take awhile before Donaire figures out Rigondeaux. Rigondeaux is a superb defensive boxer and also has real punching power so Donaire will not be careless right away.
        Rigo's power isn't on Donaire's level, in my opinion, but he can crack. Guillermo is capable of putting anyone on their ass. If he lands on the right spot, especially on the liver, "El Chacal" can end someone's night. Despite what either man says, they both know the other is dangerous. I don't think they're going to be reckless.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Rigo's power isn't on Donaire's level, in my opinion, but he can crack. Guillermo is capable of putting anyone on their ass. If he lands on the right spot, especially on the liver, "El Chacal" can end someone's night. Despite what either man says, they both know the other is dangerous. I don't think they're going to be reckless.
          I have noticed Rigondeaux doesn't really have a left hook, it's mostly straight lefts and rights. What worries me as a Donaire fan is that Marroquin is a natural lightweight and Rigo was able to drop him with a nice straight right. My concerns are alleviated however because Donaire is better defensively than Marroquin and wont put himself into a defenseless position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angelo89 View Post
            I have noticed Rigondeaux doesn't really have a left hook, it's mostly straight lefts and rights. What worries me as a Donaire fan is that Marroquin is a natural lightweight and Rigo was able to drop him with a nice straight right. My concerns are alleviated however because Donaire is better defensively than Marroquin and wont put himself into a defenseless position.
            Rigo throws hooks, but he relies more on straight punches.

The only comparison one can really make with Donaire and Marroquin, as it relates to Rigondeaux, is that they're both bigger than Guillermo. Robert is much bigger, at 5' 8". I wouldn't go drawing any more parallels, as Nonito is much better than Marroquin in every way.

Comment

• These polls don't mean too much when it's all said and done with as they are mainly just opinions. Mathebula, Vazquez jr, and Narvaez all went the distance with Donaire and I think Rigo is better than all three of those guys and expect him to last the distance.

Donaire is a powerful puncher but he is not invincible nor is he unhittable. I just can't see how this fight could be looked at as a "cake walk" for either guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                These polls don't mean too much when it's all said and done with as they are mainly just opinions. Mathebula, Vazquez jr, and Narvaez all went the distance with Donaire and I think Rigo is better than all three of those guys and expect him to last the distance.

Donaire is a powerful puncher but he is not invincible nor is he unhittable. I just can't see how this fight could be looked at as a "cake walk" for either guy.
                Same here. I think this is going to be a terrific fight, although not an all-action sort of affair.

I give Donaire props for beating everyone he has, but I also don't believe any of the guys he's beaten are better than Rigondeaux. Of course, it's also true that Guille hasn't faced anyone nearly as good as Nonito. Donaire is proven; Rigo is not. That's self-evident. "El Chacal's" detractors love to point that out. However, being unproven doesn't mean "unable." Maybe Rigondeaux's lack of professional experience will tell. Maybe it won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
                  When Donaire lands his left hook call it a night although I do think Rigondeaux will have some success because his skills are amazing and he has every trick in the book.
                  I don't know. That's what everyone says, but I'm not convinced. Everyone seems to think Rigo has this terribly fragile chin. Maybe he does, but I don't think it's as bad as some make it out to be. Besides, like you say, Guillermo is very skilled. Donaire will have to land that monster hook flush. That's easier said than done. I don't care if Marroquin landed two; that doesn't mean Nonito will land his haymaker.

Comment

• Don't have a horse in this fight but watching old fights when nonito loads up everything and try to land that left he misses alot and Rigo is going to counter him all night. nonito cannot cut off the ring and rigo has excellent footwork. Take away nonito left and hes done. I think rigo can take this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      Don't have a horse in this fight but watching old fights when nonito loads up everything and try to land that left he misses alot and Rigo is going to counter him all night. nonito cannot cut off the ring and rigo has excellent footwork. Take away nonito left and hes done. I think rigo can take this fight.
                      Rigo can definitely do it. It comes down to whether he can avoid getting smashed with a crushing shot or being outworked. But you're right, Donaire loads up on that hook. It's one of the reasons why I don't see Guille being caught with that punch. Nonito misses a lot and gets hit a lot, so Rigondeaux will probably make him pay several times during the fight. I hope it's enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X